Marriage Contract: Prll Mwrr & Vriyana Sinjin

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

Marriage Contract: Prll Mwrr & Vriyana Sinjin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:05 am

The Marriage Contract thus far:

• Vriyana Sinjin will be the Dominant.
  • This marriage is a "Marriage of Convenience" and Romances will not bring issues between the Spouses.
  • 3 distinct Regions will be added to Prll Mwrr's original Province by Spring of 03.
  • Prll Mwrr will become a Baron under the Shadow of Arisaph Steele.
  • Romances must absolutely not turn to Liaisons.
  • Should a Liaison on Vriyana's part occur, her Domain would fall into Prll Mwrr's hands as the Dominant.

Any more changes, Baron Alban Yvarai?
Last edited by Nihilistic Mind on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Re: Marriage Contract: Prll Mwrr & Vriyana Sinjin

Postby Paint Scribe » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:28 am

((was not there a written consequence for the breaking of the liaison part? The extra lands falling under the Mwrr wouldn't be an issue, but losing Hrywin's lands would have consequences.))

JWP's Layout Lady & Author of Crimson Sorrow: A podcast history of the Ven
Paint Scribe
Site Admin

Postby JohnWick » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:59 am

I can find nothing improper in the contract as it stands.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:30 am

I'm afraid the Baroness is correct. I did make the stipulation that, in the event a Romance should ever become a Liason, that all lands held by either party would revert to my control.

And the other stipulation I'd made was not that 3 remain in my control, but rather that 3 new regions be added, taking the total regions in my province from 7 to 10.

But other than that the rest is as I'd agreed to.
TheDragonMaster

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:38 pm

Alright, I'm editing the original to reflect the demands from yesterday more accurately.

I'm also adding a reasonable timeframe for the acquisition of 3 additional regions, if Baron Prll Mwrr agrees.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:23 pm

That will work for me.
With one minor adjustment that is. I'd like for all parties involved in the contract to sign in Blood. That is to say, Prll, Vriyana, Arisaph, Alban, and any other romantic interests who should turn up over the years.

John, Jessica, Fabien: I know I kind of stumbled into your story here, and I'm sure you each had an idea of some kind about what kind of story it would be, so I do want to make sure we all have the same expectations here, or at least compatible ones. The Romance/Liason part of the contract is a player stipulation as well as a character stipulation. Infidelity of that type just hits too close to home for me, and I will not play that part (again). If any of you are planning on having this become a Liason, then we may have a problem.

At the very least there can be no Liason while Prll Mwrr is still Vriyana Sinjins husband, even if it is a marriage of convenience. If you want to kill him off first, fine. If you want to arrange for some kind of Ven divorce, fine. I'll be cool with that. But if any of you are planning, or suspect that you will end up narrating, the Liason while she is wed, then we need to cancel the contract, and have an NPC or an other PC take the place of Prll Mwrr.

Otherwise though it will work out fine for me.
TheDragonMaster

Postby wunderworks » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:45 pm

TheDragonMaster wrote:That will work for me.
With one minor adjustment that is. I'd like for all parties involved in the contract to sign in Blood. That is to say, Prll, Vriyana, Arisaph, Alban, and any other romantic interests who should turn up over the years.

John, Jessica, Fabien: I know I kind of stumbled into your story here, and I'm sure you each had an idea of some kind about what kind of story it would be, so I do want to make sure we all have the same expectations here, or at least compatible ones. The Romance/Liason part of the contract is a player stipulation as well as a character stipulation. Infidelity of that type just hits too close to home for me, and I will not play that part (again). If any of you are planning on having this become a Liason, then we may have a problem.

At the very least there can be no Liason while Prll Mwrr is still Vriyana Sinjins husband, even if it is a marriage of convenience. If you want to kill him off first, fine. If you want to arrange for some kind of Ven divorce, fine. I'll be cool with that. But if any of you are planning, or suspect that you will end up narrating, the Liason while she is wed, then we need to cancel the contract, and have an NPC or an other PC take the place of Prll Mwrr.

Otherwise though it will work out fine for me.

As the GM I'm fine with that stipulation, I am totally aware of and understand when games can hit too close to home for some players.

P.S. Send me your character info (or post it under the character section in this forum) I'd love to start working with you to make your character someone you're going to have a blast playing. :)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby TheDragonMaster » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:57 pm

I'll get him typed up, and will probably email him to you. I can always post him once we've refined (or rebuilt) him.
TheDragonMaster

Postby Paint Scribe » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm fine with the contractual consequences for liaisons, and I understand that Vri has little to no say in the terms of the marriage contract and terms, but Vriyana is going to need some serious talking into to get her to sign any new blood contracts. As I understand it, blood isn't required for marriage. She's learned her lesson very well. She almost married Ithilmar Ruso after all…

If you want to make the consequences even more serious, that is fine. However right now, losing her mother's lands (the ones she's keeping for Tristan) is a good threat.

As player I will work against any liaison, however Vriyana is not open to blood contracts at this time.

JWP's Layout Lady & Author of Crimson Sorrow: A podcast history of the Ven
Paint Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:49 pm

Speaking for Arisaph, there is no need for a Blood Contract involving all of us.

Should Prll Mwrr and Arisaph Steele decide to make their own arrangement in Blood, separate from the Marriage Contract, I would be fine with that.

And the arrangement between Arisaph and Alban should not need to figure into the Marriage Contract.

I was also wondering about something: I would like for Baron Prll Mwrr to be under Arisaph, but if Vriyana is the dominant one in the marriage, how does that work? Wouldn't she have to agree also?
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Next

Return to Cabal: The Wine Dark Sea