Dinner at Castle Hu

Post in-character scenes for Live Action Houses of the Blooded here.

Moderator: Snag

Dinner at Castle Hu

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:47 pm

"Thane! Over here!"
The muffled yell came from under the dead beast.

Lorr Silja was pinned under the oversized ork the pair had just killed. Thane, standing valliantly with his sword bloodied by purple ichor quickly ordered the remaining Swordsmen to remove the Duke from underneath the "thing".
While Lorr had not the strength to push on the stinking flesh pinning him down, Thane (or Zsanosz, as he was known to most) had not the strength to remove him. But he was a trusted servant of the Duke, which meant they did as they were told. There were rumors of Thane's promotion as Seneschal soon, after all.

Once freed, Lorr smiled and grasped Thane's hand who helped him get up. Lorr removed his sword from the beast's thick skull, wiping his father's blade with his sleeve.
Thane frowned, his master's outfit was simply ruined.

Lorr smiled and soon exclaimed, "Oh, Thane! Have we the spare outfit ready? I think this was the last of the wild man's surprise gift." Lorr was beaming: he had reluctantly accepted Thane's suggestion at wearing the traveling jacket and fitted pants and riding boots. Lorr's ilderim was now quite dead, and his spare outfit was the comfortably extravagant crimson outfit that had been fashioned for him just a season ago. There would also be no need for the riding boots.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Re: Dinner at Castle Hu

Postby wunderworks » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Thane made his way over to his master's trunk, the trunk he had packed so carefully, and began opening its many layers.

"Sir, if I may be so bold," he asked. "What exactly are you planning in regards to Irratu and that other fellow who's been hanging around. The one that is scarred and keeps muttering about the library?"

Pulling yet another finely pressed and wonderfully sedate set of appropriate traveling clothes from one of the deep recesses of Lorr's Travel Trunk Zsanosz turned around with a smile and said, "It seems awfully dreadful, whatever he is planning out there in the ruins. Perhaps you need some help?" He proffers the fresh plain linen shirt to Lorr, "With this shirt, I mean Sir."

His smile was as bright as the sun overhead, and Lorr's crimson catastrophe was as absent as the clouds in the sky.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:43 pm

"Thane, old boy! You got me good enough... Well, this time anyhow! I really ought to have you gutted for this, but what can I say!" Lorr laughs it off and allows his Valet to help him change his outfit.
His enthusiasm does not diminish as he touches on the delicate subjects at hand.
"Iratu is only a temporary problem, you see. I need what he has. I could have the armies of the Fox take it by force, and cause hundreds of lives lost and Castle Hu destroyed. I have found, however, that he is a good spokesman for all things wild and dangerous. Until there comes a time when he is truly intolerable, and unneeded, it will not be fashionable or convenient to support him."
"It will be up to him to prove his worth, you see?"

Lorr makes a face as Thane buttons up the shirt, then says, "As for the old scarred monster of a ven, that will be a little surprise for the courts. He and I are working on my new Puzzle House, you see? Once you are Blooded, Thane, and once you are my Seneschal, I will get you involved. In the meantime, Thane, do not worry yourself! All is well in my lands! It's the lands of others you should be worried about, hehe." Lorr chuckles to himself, as if laughing at his own inside joke.

"But look! Here we are!" The Duke, his Valet, and the remaining Swordsmen look at the recent battlefield.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby wunderworks » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:48 pm

Zsanosz smiles, steps to the side of Lorr while bowing his head and simply says, "Very good Sir."
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:16 pm

The Castle has seen better days. While the corpses from Messol's failed retaking have been cleared, the odor of death still hangs in the air. Already a rampant overgrowth of vines have sprawled over the pock-marked castle walls. Shattered husks of the remains of war and other debris of war litters the outside of the wall. There is no activity out front, no one in the guard towers or in the gate house. In the distance, the Junkata Tree, perhaps a temple to Shanri, stands ten feet taller than any tree in the nearby forest. Impossibly Large. Being around the castle makes your hairs stand up. Was that a small child? No, couldn't be. He's gone now. And ignore that whispering in your ears. Welcome to the new Castle Hu.

Iratu stood on the inner wall.

"...prove his worth, you see" no one said, but it was audible to Iratu nonetheless. Now we had some idea of what this dinner was going to be about. He tapped his staff once on the ground.

The gates opened slowly, seemingly by themselves.

Iratu headed to the foyer to greet his guests.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:42 pm

"A-ha! There is our host, Thane!" Lorr says excitedly.
As the group reached the bottom steps of the castle, Lorr's Herald steps forward.

The Herald, a short, overweight, pompous ven, calls out, "Hello, Baron Iratu Pendrig! My Altrex, Duke Lorr Silja, Earl of the Fox brings gifts of peace and solidarity! Will you grant us Hospitality during our stay in your lands?"
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Iratu waited. Can the herald not see that no one is outside? Yet he stands there, bellowing his lines like a frog in a dress. Depressing.

He went out into his courtyard, and faced the man through his side of the gates "Yes, you have Hospitality. I believe the invitation said so. Welcome to the Former Castle Hu."

A smile.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Pushing the Herald aside as he walks toward the lone man, Lorr says, "Good Baron Iratu, do you not respect your adversary enough to maintain the abode's name?" Lorr's eyes set upon the Jucata tree and he asks, "What will this place be known as while it remains in your Domain?"
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:58 am

"I havent decided yet, Honored Guest Silja and his companions. It has nothing to do with respect. I took it, therefore I own it and I can name what I own. Or am I incorrect in the way the Laws read? Does it matter? Come come, to the hall. We shall enjoy a fine feast."

Iratu turns and heads inside the castle.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:15 pm

"There are procedures that go beyond Ownership, Baron. The Senate is pleased with detailed bureaucracy. To fail in your task to rename the castle, it will be referred by its former name, and remain Castle Hu for the ven who care for such things," Lorr says, his tone instructive, as he walks with Iratu to the Great Hall.

Upon seeing the state of the Great Hall, Lorr is filled with an uncomfortable solitude. "Have you no proper staff here, Baron?"
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Next

Return to Blood & Tears - In Character