L'esprit d'escalier

Discuss costumes, food, game ideas, and characters here with the other B&T players!

Moderator: Snag

L'esprit d'escalier

Postby Arroin » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:49 pm

Played the HotB LARP at Rincon, great fun.

Firstly, mad props to John Wick for being so unobtrusive and letting the players hog the limelight.

The plot was, a Marquis is looking for an heir as he's approaching Solace.

My task became to get three sword masters to swear a blood oath to follow me to war against marauding Orks. If I got them, I'd be heir. Well I got them, just a minute too late to affect the outcome.

Nicely tragic. Well done eveyone.

It hit me, last night. When I had a couple of signatories, I should have put them to work, persuading all the other sword masters to swear the oath.

THEN, I could have gone to the marquis and forced him to abdicate his titles and lands to me. Forget being the heir. If he couldn't hold his own (which he couldn't, as I would have had all his troops under my control), I would have just TAKEN them. He would have deserved to lose them.

Just frustrated at how long it took me to *get* the Ven. Maybe next time. I'll get what I want, Lord Calaban, and your little dog too. MWA-HA-HA!
To the Ven, revenge was not an end. It was an art form.
Arroin

Re: L'esprit d'escalier

Postby wunderworks » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Genius! I wasn't sure if anyone would try it, but I was kind of expecting someone to try and kill me and claim title to my lands, and actually you were close in that circumventing Beryl, my swordswoman would've been the big obstacle to your victory, and your guy was the closest out of everyone to subverting her if she'd have been subverted (simple - prove Calaban put Slyvie up to putting Tyv up to declaring against magical prohibition). ^_^
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Arroin » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:22 pm

I could have claimed the necessity of maintaing troops on Calaban's lands, in order to "protect" him, as an excuse to lay siege to his home and starve him out if he had refused. If only I'd known just a little more about the game I could have (and would have) screwed EVERYONE over, royally. I have to start coming to the regular LARP event. :twisted:

As for proving Calaban's complicity in Tyv's death, I *had* that information. I just didn't realise the implication. OTOH, I was thinking I would have laid out my plan to Beryl that her only hope of protecting his life was to betray his heart, and that to protect his heart would have meant betraying his life. Simply put, if she did not join me it would have meant his death, as she would not have had the military resources to keep him alive.

Oh, the delicious taste of betrayal and love in the tears of a close friend.
To the Ven, revenge was not an end. It was an art form.
Arroin

Postby wunderworks » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:34 pm

Oh yes, you definitely get what it means to be a ven. ^_^
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:55 pm

I can't wait to play again... It was incredibly awesome!
Playing multiple LARPs connected to each other will mean that the sort of deals you made would continue to serve you well in the long run, so congrats on getting so much done!

Good to see you joining our ranks on the Forum! Welcome!
(I am Fabien, btw, a.k.a. Tyv Adrente! The tragically dutiful fool!!!) :D
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Return to Blood & Tears - Out of Character Discussions