Some rules questions

Discuss costumes, food, game ideas, and characters here with the other B&T players!

Moderator: Snag

Some rules questions

Postby eberg » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:51 am

Going to be running Blood & Tears for our yearly Halloween LARP and I have a few questions on the rules:

- Where it talks about Aspect Advantages, it only mentions invoking them. Can they still be tagged and compelled, or is this dropped for the simplified LARP rules?
- For duels, you add together the Prowess ratings of the participants. I'm assuming this is only if they "brought it with them"?
- The Farsight ability under Artifacts makes reference to wagers, which don't appear to exist in the LARP rules. I assume it should just allow the player using the item to say one thing about the future?
- The first half of the rules gives a straight one Style cost to invoking Aspects, but later the rules refer to the core rules one free invoke and then spending Style to refresh. I assume this is just a typo from a paste from the core rules and the former, simplier version is the correct one?
- I don't see Bloodsword covered under Artifacts or Rituals. Would it be the standard one Style to get two bonus advantages in a combat?

I'm running with a small group, only six players, and would appreciate any advice on running with a smaller group.
Eric Christian Berg

Running: D&D 4e
Playing: Changeling: the Lost, The Fantasy Trip (Victorian Occult)
eberg

Re: Some rules questions

Postby JohnWick » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:57 am

- Aspects cannot be tagged or compelled in the larp. The rules were a bit more complicated than I felt comfortable with.

- Yes, only if they brought it with them.

- Farsight allows a player to say something true about the future. You still have to offer Style to the target, etc.

- This is just a typo from the paste, yes. Thanks for the catch.

- Bloodswords will be included in the final rules. For now, use the standard one Style to get two bonus advantages in combat suggestion.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby eberg » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:45 am

Many thanks for the quick response. Just one more that I forgot to include.

There seems to be two rules for establishing things about people. The one covered in the core mechanic in the beginning with insist, desist, and persist and the one under "Established Truths" where the person you are trying to establish something about has to pay a point of style to have it not be true. Are they different mechanics for different situations that I'm not seeing the distinction for, or is the latter a relic of an earlier draft?
Eric Christian Berg

Running: D&D 4e
Playing: Changeling: the Lost, The Fantasy Trip (Victorian Occult)
eberg

Postby JohnWick » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:47 am

Folks don't need to spend a Style to say "No." They just say "No." If that leads to an insist, then you go into the mechanics.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby eberg » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:22 am

Do Solace Aspects and Injuries work the same way? Your opponent can spend a Style and gain two or the level advantages?
eberg

Postby wunderworks » Mon May 17, 2010 1:13 pm

As I am going through the topics to sort out the IC and OOC for B&Ts I noticed that no one had replied to this question. So as to clarify, YES! You can tag solace and Injuries for advantage with Style in B&T! :)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Return to Blood & Tears - Out of Character Discussions