Titles and Vassals

Discuss costumes, food, game ideas, and characters here with the other B&T players!

Moderator: Snag

Titles and Vassals

Postby Peregrine » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Having titles confers advantages applicable to the title. That I get and understand well enough. However, as a master vassal, say Master of Roads, do I also bring along the associated vassal band for free, or must I spend one of my advantages to bring them along?

Also, If such vassal bands are free with the title, is there a limit to the number of titles that can be brought?

Which leads to the question, if I get the free vassal bands associated with various titles, and perhaps bring along some vassal bands of my own, what are the LARP rules concerning warfare?

For example, say I have a hypothetical baron who is the Master of Roads for two others. Do I get to bring the thirty roadmen belonging to each for free? And were I to bring along say, a personal guard and my own set of roadmen, perhaps augmented by a secret army? It may cost three advantages to bring along the three vassal bands, but when combined with the sixty roadmen from titles, I could very well show up at a party with upwards of 150 tool-wielding Ven. Could I then storm the castle and take it for my own?
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Re: Titles and Vassals

Postby Paint Scribe » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:25 pm

Ah, I was talking with John and Ro about this. Unless it has changed, this is what they said:
As my Master of the Road, you get to write that title on the side of the tag and bring my three ranks of roadmen for free. Neither element takes up one of your advantages.

It's a huge incentive to give titles to other player characters.

as to war... I'll leave that for others...

and as to your hypothetical situation MWAHAHHAAHAHAA!!!

JWP's Layout Lady & Author of Crimson Sorrow: A podcast history of the Ven
Paint Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:31 pm

Warfare is MASS MURDER, BABY!

Please do it... Pretty please? I would love to see someone's Castle taken over. Which reminds me... Who is our next Host/Hostess?

I have a Personal Guard at Rank 3... Should I plan on bringing it too? :D
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Peregrine » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

It would be helpful to know just how many guards are standing around waiting to descend upon those Ven who breach hospitality. And while I assume the roadmen are armed (or at least tool-wielding), their purpose is different from one's personal guard or secret army.

Besides, Thavren isn't this hypothetical baron. His vassals only include a spy network, staff, and herald. As amusing as it would be to have them try to storm the castle, heralds aren't exactly the sort to capture a castle.

But give me a few seasons... ;)
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Return to Blood & Tears - Out of Character Discussions