The Suaven of the Blood & Tears Phoenix Chapter

Discuss costumes, food, game ideas, and characters here with the other B&T players!

Moderator: Snag

Re: The Suaven of the Blood & Tears Phoenix Chapter

Postby Loqua » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:38 pm

alexanderthesoso wrote:Hes a suaVETH.
(hey, Ryan, iratu should totally set a new style trend. Wearing clothes woven from, ahem, silk. ahahahaahahaha!)

That would be fabulous. Maybe as a belt or something. Or a shawl. Hmmm.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby alexanderthesoso » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:40 am

I'll take the first. As to the second, the intent is that he still is interred in the last ruins he explored. Theres a notebook, which is a relic of his, that my character came across, and has been hearing whispers ever since. . Hes building his devotion, and at level 3, will be able to find the ruins and start a temple there.
alexanderthesoso

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:26 am

alexanderthesoso wrote:I'll take the first. As to the second, the intent is that he still is interred in the last ruins he explored. Theres a notebook, which is a relic of his, that my character came across, and has been hearing whispers ever since. . Hes building his devotion, and at level 3, will be able to find the ruins and start a temple there.

Very cool. Perhaps the Order of Ashthuura Thorne will be able to help when he's ready to find Talan.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Velasca » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:16 pm

do you have to spend style on a suaven? I've been givign lip service to the Suaven on Roads Though nothing is going towards devotion points.
@>---;---- Empress Velasca ----;---<@

So it is written, So it will be.
Velasca

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Velasca wrote:do you have to spend style on a suaven? I've been givign lip service to the Suaven on Roads Though nothing is going towards devotion points.

In theory, players shouldn't get to define Suaven at all, since it remains the Domain of the Narrator Staff. In practice, I would suggest offering the Narrator Staff style points to define your favored Suaven.
If you're using a Suaven for "flavor text" that's cool. The more you share with others, the more likely they are to use your material at the game too, which makes the game better in my opinion :)
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Velasca » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:28 am

Its just flavor text

Velasca

Postby Velasca » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:35 am

Am i allowed to say stuff like...

The Suaven of Roads' location is unknown. Rumor has it that he had himself burried at some unknown crossroads.

?

Velasca

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:17 am

Velasca wrote:Am i allowed to say stuff like...

The Suaven of Roads' location is unknown. Rumor has it that he had himself burried at some unknown crossroads.

?

There are two statements there.
The first one is technically not allowed (Direct fact about a Suaven).
The second one is a Rumor, which I think should be allowed either way, since you're not establishing a truth...
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Astelle_Mwwr » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Does anyone actually have a list of the Suaven ranks? I know Lady of Whispers is around 2, but Astelle is definitely a follower of Calaban Ru/Beryll Tol now that her player knows about the Suaven, and I was curious what rank they/it are? And...if I might be able to push them up the ladder with enough shrines :)
Baroness Astelle Ru "If I had made the Bargain, I would have given up my Poison... is it too late for that?"
Baroness Gwanal Yvarai
Baroness Olivama Steele
Astelle_Mwwr

Postby wunderworks » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:09 am

The Suaven are the purview of the GM and thus we cannot know/mess with them directly. But we can do our best to improve their lot, if we so desire. As the player who helped created the Beryl/Calaban Suaven - go ahead. Jessica and I are going to have a sit down real soon with the GM and hammer out all the details for them.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Blood & Tears - Out of Character Discussions