Wisards Compact

Discuss costumes, food, game ideas, and characters here with the other B&T players!

Moderator: Snag

Wisards Compact

Postby wunderworks » Sun May 15, 2011 11:55 am

For those wanting to know what is in the Wisards Compact OOC here is the text in full:

Wisards Compact

Preamble
In our Blood we do hereby form this Wisards Compact may it be upheld in secrecy and its oath kept solemn and secret until such time as a when the Aelva Danna Reform the World . We agree, without thought of failure, to fulfill the promises that follow without need to bestow title or bend knee to one another in order to maintain the integrity of our vows as wisards of the blood.

Promises of Protection
As we are despised for our talents and our abilities we do hereby promise mutual aid and protection to our brethren signed here. We shall work together to promote sorcery in its every form and protect from legal, physical, sorcerous, social, or spiritual attack any and all practitioners within our compact and those we wish to draw within.

Promises of Consideration
As those of noble bearing we will not murder those signed here. Any duel called between fellows is agreed to never exceed the threat of Injury, no matter the terms declared by the jury. Our word is our bond, and our bond reaches as far as our voice and is as strong as our sorcery. No vassal of ours shall threaten this Oath's Sanctity while they act outside of our bond. Finally, if a fellow requests Hospitality then it shall be extended and reciprocated. Only a oath-breaker would ask for hospitality without offering a gift to their host in return. If no gift is offered, then the host may demand a gift of their choosing before granting hospitality.

Promises of Respect
In deep and true respect for one another we pledge to keep these secret and sorcerous names signed upon this document private from those not within our oath. We will not take advantage of this knowledge or have it turned to Sorcery except in the mutual aid and protection of our brethren assigned here. As we protect our names, so too do we defend our lands, be that from hostile attack by Ven not of our discreet circle or by marauding ork. We also respect the property and vassals of our brethren and shall returned any such property to our brethren, in the condition they were discovered, if either is found upon our lands, or acting outside of the bonds of our fellowship.

Promise of Retribution
Beware to any and all who might betray this Compact. For their sorcerous names shall be struck from this world or if they are a lesser being they shall be struck blind for a year and a day and their secret names, the one they drew forth from the twinning of their blood and sorcery and the one whispered to them by their mothers while they lay within their cradles as babes shall be ripped from them and tattooed in their blood across their body. Their lovers will weep at the sight of their affliction and their children and spouse shall shun their traitorous nature. Their servants will rise up against them, and their lands will lie in ruin and fallow. The sun shall not shine upon them, and their blood will weep forth so that their foul and once secret names shall be laid bare for all to see and know.

We so swear

In our Blood and our Names Secret, both Given and Taken, we form this Wisards Compact and with our Blood it shall be bound
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Re: Wisards Compact

Postby Peregrine » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:13 pm

At the end of the ritual, will the compact still be in effect? Performing the ritual might trigger that first ending clause: "...until such time as a when the Aelva Danna Reform the World".
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:02 am

I think we should leave that up to John to decide, but good looking out!
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby wunderworks » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:52 am

Nihilistic Mind wrote:I think we should leave that up to John to decide, but good looking out!

I'm smarter than I think I am. ^_^

~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:29 pm

LOL, Ben. You just knew, admit it.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby wunderworks » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:58 am

Nihilistic Mind wrote:LOL, Ben. You just knew, admit it.

I DID, but I forgot after I knew. Seven Point Absent-Minded Flaw Strikes again! :D

~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby FigmentOfImagination » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:45 am

wunderworks wrote:As we protect our names, so too do we defend our lands, be that from hostile attack by Ven not of our discreet circle or by marauding ork. We also respect the property and vassals of our brethren and shall returned any such property to our brethren, in the condition they were discovered, if either is found upon our lands, or acting outside of the bonds of our fellowship.

Hmmm...is Lorr in violation? Iratu has taken Messol's lands, and now Iratu is a baron under Lorr. That would seem to violate the above clause.
FigmentOfImagination

Postby wunderworks » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:11 am

FigmentOfImagination wrote:
wunderworks wrote:As we protect our names, so too do we defend our lands, be that from hostile attack by Ven not of our discreet circle or by marauding ork. We also respect the property and vassals of our brethren and shall returned any such property to our brethren, in the condition they were discovered, if either is found upon our lands, or acting outside of the bonds of our fellowship.

Hmmm...is Lorr in violation? Iratu has taken Messol's lands, and now Iratu is a baron under Lorr. That would seem to violate the above clause.

The term isn't clear, but I did mean personal property (chattel), not real property (lands). HOWEVER, I think you guys should decide if this voids the contract. I can see where this line: "f either is found upon our lands" can reference that property only means personal, but then this line, "or acting outside of the bonds of our fellowship," seems to leave it wide open.

~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:16 am

Good catch, Paul!

I think that because of the phrasing a lot has to do with timing and intent.

For instance, Lorr had not planned for the events that befell Messol by the hand of Iratu. And while he is associating closely with Iratu, it is unclear if Lorr's intention is to assimilate Iratu's Domain into his.

Also, I will point out that there is no contract stating that Iratu really is a Baron under Lorr. He remains unblooded and can be destroyed at any time without consequences of the law. It may make Duke Silja unhappy, but a good lawyering could go a long way.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Baron Sendar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:26 am

Hmmmmmmm.... What must one do to become a part of this compact? Or is it too late for a... power-minded Serpent to join the ranks?
Baron Sendar

Next

Return to Blood & Tears - Out of Character Discussions