THE RITUAL storyline

Discuss costumes, food, game ideas, and characters here with the other B&T players!

Moderator: Snag

THE RITUAL storyline

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:04 am

In the thread "In Absentia" (linked here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2206), Michael and I are introducing a storyline involving a major artifact of the Sorcerer Kings. It is a book that contains THE RITUAL.

Lorr and Iyl intend to use it to "rewrite Shanri". Our goal is to have major impact on the game while making things as fun as possible for other players. We don't expect our characters to come out unscathed out of the storyline. It will involve very dangerous and deadly things, and of course, illegal things such as manipulating sorcerous artifacts!

If you would like to have your character be involved in this dangerous plot, please let me know!
BE WARNED: it is likely that characters involved will die or be maimed in some fashion... Woohoo!

If you have questions, concerns, suggestions about this storyline, please share here or PM me if you need.

Thanks!
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Re: THE RITUAL storyline

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Plot points so far:

• Lorr obtains very peculiar Ruins from Baroness Isla. (in exchange he created a cloak that will render her invisible.)
  • Lorr has offered Hospitality to Iyl (formerly known as Senechyl), in exchange for a gift of Knowledge.
  • Lorr has created a device that will contain the Wrath of the Suaven, then can be used to unleash it to power a device that assists in performing the Ritual. (They are using Wrath as a fuel... This can't be good!)
  • Iyl is under close guard, remaining in the Ruins, translating and making preparations for the Ritual (this is Hospitality, as Lorr saw it necessary to maintain his contract while ensuring Iyl would not ruin the world as we know it... At least that is the delusion Lorr is under).
  • Messol Burghe and his family were also offered (closely guarded) Hospitality when they fled Messol's Castle, following the freedom of Iratu.
  • Lorr has realized that the Hall of Whispers from Messol's Castle is a key device in the Ritual and must be obtained at all costs.
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Re: THE RITUAL storyline

Postby Peregrine » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Additional Plot Points

• The Focal Point for the Ritual is a Ruins on Senecyl's original lands, taken by Ilsa, and given to Kyenin.
  • Iyl has removed key pages of the Ritual from the book, detailing the final steps.
  • Fragments of the book were enciphered with an encryption known to the Q'val of Ashthurra Thorne.
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Return to Blood & Tears - Out of Character Discussions