Fashuva Talasha, UnBlooded Suaven

veth, ruk and shluah veth.

Moderator: Snag

Fashuva Talasha, UnBlooded Suaven

Postby wastevens » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:07 am

Talasha, Of No House
Titles: Soil-Speaker. The First and Final Rebel. Bloodless Dreamer.

Worship of Talasha is suppressed. Must be suppressed. He led the first and most successful uprising of the Unblooded against the Blooded in the history of Shanri- the lands of many provinces were watered with noble Blood by his strategies.

Some say that Talasha was of the Blooded; often out of a desire to slander a fellow. The true history of Talasha is lost, save perhaps to the few of the Veth that hear his dreams, and follow them to secret temples built in dark forests.

Only the Veth worship Talasha. He whispers hope of freedom- of owning oneself, of tearing down the Nobility. The brown robed priests of Talsha sneer at the Merchant Barons aping of Ven high society. Shanri belongs to those who have the secret wisdom to coax food and iron from her. Some rebelious Ven worship Talasha, give Devotion to the one that would kill them. His Wrath pursues such folly.

Symbol: A wood statue of a farmer with a scythe, stained red with Blood.

Blessings

Troubling the Land: Spend Style, and cause Trouble in a Region. You may spend up to your Devotion in Style in a single Season, causing Trouble in one Region per Style spent.

Everywhere and Nowhere: Spend 1 Style; no Blooded Ven may see you or remember your actions, as long as you act the role of a servant.

The Name of Talasha: The Unblooded have only two names- Public and Family. The dedicated to Talasha gain a Secret name. The Fashuva whispers it in their dreams, and they awake knowing they belong to him.

Rumors of War: By spending 2 Style, the disciples of Talasha may grant the Rival Aspect (pg 156) to two of the Blooded, against each other, both of whom the disciple must be able to see at once. This aspect fades after one year.

Your Blade Cannot Touch Me: Only the few q’val of Talasha know this Devotion. They cannot be harmed by the Weapons of the Blooded. An unBlooded may use a Sword to hurt them; a Blooded may sully his hands and use a tool. But no Blooded with a Sword can bring harm to the q’val of Talasha.
wastevens

Re: Fashuva Talasha, UnBlooded Suaven

Postby wunderworks » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:10 am

Oooh! I LIKE! :)

Ideas for more Devotions

Army of the People -- Spend a season spreading the word of Talasha (Spend Style and activate the Trouble the Land Blessing). Each region in which you Trouble the Land gains you a rank in the Secret Army vassal. Your maximum rank in the Secret Army vassal is equal to your rank in your devotion to Talasha, with rank 4 devotion, gain a general, with rank 5 make the general an NPC.

Our Lady's Eyes -Spend a season spreading the word of Talasha (Spend Style and activate the Trouble the Land Blessing). Each region in which you Trouble the Land gains you a rank in the 'Spy Network' vassal. Your maximum rank in the Secret Army vassal is equal to your rank in your devotion to Talasha, with rank 4 devotion, gain a spy master, with rank 5 make the spy master an NPC.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:29 pm

The Name of Talasha: The Unblooded have only two names- Public and Family. The dedicated to Talasha gain a Secret name. The Fashuva whispers it in their dreams, and they awake knowing they belong to him

Unblooded have a Secret and a Public name, they have no family name thus they dont get a "house bonus" to their virtues.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:22 pm

wastevens wrote:The Name of Talasha: The Unblooded have only two names- Public and Family. The dedicated to Talasha gain a Secret name. The Fashuva whispers it in their dreams, and they awake knowing they belong to him.

I like what you've been doing, and I like the idea behind The Name of Talasha, but I have a slight objection here...
When I turn my then unblooded vassal into a blooded follower, he already has a secret name.

What do you think of changing it to "The dedicated gain a new Secret Name to replace their own. The Fashuva whispers it in their dreams, and they awake knowing they belong to him."
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby wastevens » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:36 am

Nihilistic Mind wrote:
wastevens wrote:The Name of Talasha: The Unblooded have only two names- Public and Family. The dedicated to Talasha gain a Secret name. The Fashuva whispers it in their dreams, and they awake knowing they belong to him.

I like what you've been doing, and I like the idea behind The Name of Talasha, but I have a slight objection here...
When I turn my then unblooded vassal into a blooded follower, he already has a secret name.

What do you think of changing it to "The dedicated gain a new Secret Name to replace their own. The Fashuva whispers it in their dreams, and they awake knowing they belong to him."

I didn't think the UnBlooded had a secret name; that that was a Blooded-only thing. One of the advantages the Blooded have.

I'm away from my book at the moment, but...

OTOH, if you Blood your unBlooded Vassal, then the chump is already going to be turned upon by Talasha with the quickness; only Talasha's Wrath follows the Blooded who give their Devotion to him.
wastevens

Postby Lriot » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:46 am

wastevens wrote:I didn't think the UnBlooded had a secret name; that that was a Blooded-only thing. One of the advantages the Blooded have.

They don't:

Houses of the Blooded page 50 wrote:UNBLOODED NAMES
Unblooded ven have two names. The first is the name of your father or mother. The second is the region you were born. That’s about it for the unblooded.
Some unblooded follow the tradition of their more noble cousins, adopting a third name—one of their own choice—upon adulthood. Many unblooded see this as vanity
and asking for trouble.
Lriot

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:32 am

My mistake...
Perhaps this is a concern for another thread, but the unblooded child of Blooded parents should have a Secret Name methinks.

And yeah, Wrath upon unblooded followers of Talasha who become Blooded, definitely :)
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Nevermet » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:55 am

I just realized that I was accidentally inserting something into HotB. Namely, that while Ven go into solace, Veth do not, as the Blooding ritual is necessary to enter Solace and becoming a Suaven. Otherwise, you just die, dirt to dirt.

Checking the book again, this appears to totally be an invention of my mind.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share. Even with my accidental assumption, especially with it, this is a cool Suaven/Fashuva. I might appropriate it since one of the ideas I was kicking around in my head for the campaign start was a Veth rebellion during a party.
Last edited by Nevermet on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick the Nevermet.
Always interested in Houses of the Blooded PBEM or PbP games.
Nevermet

Postby Kyocera Ru » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:58 am

Just a query about the Unblooded. The Blooding is a ritual usually performed when a noble comes of age. Secret names, however, are given at infancy. Is it just that secret names are useless and have no mystical power until you are Blooded? Or are unblooded ven still more noble than unblooded veth? If so, what if you blood a veth vassal? Do they suddenly get a secret name?
Jeffrey Witthauer
Evil Narrator of Knoxville, TN

Play Blood & Tears at Dragon*Con 2011!
Kyocera Ru

Postby wastevens » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:15 am

Kyocera Ru wrote:Just a query about the Unblooded. The Blooding is a ritual usually performed when a noble comes of age. Secret names, however, are given at infancy. Is it just that secret names are useless and have no mystical power until you are Blooded? Or are unblooded ven still more noble than unblooded veth? If so, what if you blood a veth vassal? Do they suddenly get a secret name?

In my Shanri- the details haven't been set by a Risk yet, and so are subject to change.

However, my interpretation of matters would be that one of the abilities of the Blooded is to Name- specifically, to Name their children with a Secret Name. So, the children of Ven have Secret Names even before undergoing the Blooding ritual.

A Veth raised to Blooded status would be given a Secret Name as part of the Blooding Ritual, by whomever was performing the Ritual.
wastevens

Next

Return to The Unblooded