Fashuva Talasha, UnBlooded Suaven

veth, ruk and shluah veth.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Fashuva Talasha, UnBlooded Suaven

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Kyocera Ru wrote:Secret names, however, are given at infancy. Is it just that secret names are useless and have no mystical power until you are Blooded?

wastevens wrote:In my Shanri- the details haven't been set by a Risk yet, and so are subject to change.

However, my interpretation of matters would be that one of the abilities of the Blooded is to Name- specifically, to Name their children with a Secret Name. So, the children of Ven have Secret Names even before undergoing the Blooding ritual.

A Veth raised to Blooded status would be given a Secret Name as part of the Blooding Ritual, by whomever was performing the Ritual.

Both ideas are very interesting takes on the subject and would love to see that being the subject of a Research thread for the SRI. Nice going!
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:30 am

Lriot wrote:
wastevens wrote:I didn't think the UnBlooded had a secret name; that that was a Blooded-only thing. One of the advantages the Blooded have.

They don't:

Houses of the Blooded page 50 wrote:UNBLOODED NAMES
Unblooded ven have two names. The first is the name of your father or mother. The second is the region you were born. That’s about it for the unblooded.
Some unblooded follow the tradition of their more noble cousins, adopting a third name—one of their own choice—upon adulthood. Many unblooded see this as vanity
and asking for trouble.

According to the Wyckapedia of HotB. (I have been holding onto that one) Unblooded do not have a standard family name like the Blooded do, but ALL ven have a secret name. Remember, its whispered to you at birth and no one is born blooded.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Lriot » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:54 am

Loqua wrote:According to the Wyckapedia of HotB. (I have been holding onto that one) Unblooded do not have a standard family name like the Blooded do, but ALL ven have a secret name. Remember, its whispered to you at birth and no one is born blooded.

Hmmmm... Could be, can't say that I' ve read that.
Anyway in my game unblooded, not born from one of the noble families, do not have Secret names and as such no protection from Blood Rituals of the Ven.
Lriot

Previous

Return to The Unblooded