Blood & Honor Expectations

For general discussions about B&H. If it doesn't seem to go anywhere else stick it here.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Blood & Honor Expectations

Postby wunderworks » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:04 am

[ak][aramis] wrote:We just ended our campaign, having covered two full years, and a doomed romance... It's good stuff...

The drawback, several months in, is that the player who puts out the hooks gets the most screen time, and if other players don't jump to get screen time, the GM isn't going to feed it to them. Players have to man-up and take responsibility for getting action by interaction with others actions, and tying themselves in, and them pulling the action their own direction.

But that sounds like a pretty typical issue with most RPGs, if you as a player don't involve your character you won't get much, even when the GM urges for more. I ran an Epic three year long (in Real Time) Exalted campaign when it first came out (started with only the main book). At the end everyone loved the campaign, but I had one player complain that he just didn't get enough out of it and his character was relegated to an almost secondary role (that being the General of all the Solar Armies of creation). He'd, of course, never responded to me with concrete answers when I'd asked him multiple times about background material for his character, and never offered any sort of hook of any sort for his character, except that he was a general and a bad-ass warrior. So I tied him in as much as I possibly could. And well, yeah.

But congrats on the successful campaign! I'm champing at the bit to run a Blood & Honor campaign, but I'm currently about to start playing in an Ars Magica campaign (my first!) so I will be patient and wait for it to come to me.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby [ak][aramis] » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:21 pm

It was short, tragic, and ended with the lovers married, yet separated 3 seasons of four... for the forseeable future. By defining truths carefully, J. had everyone believing it was not his child, and yet, it was indeed his child. And then, by careful play, he wound up ORDERED to marry her, to sacrifice his honor for the clan's, so that her son wouldn't be a bastard.

The power of Truths is an evil thing.
[ak][aramis]

Postby basil montebanks » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:29 pm

I just fininshed reading Blood and Honor last night!!! Good stuff. I like the system so far very much. Now I just need to find some people to play with!!!
basil montebanks

Postby Tokkie » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:38 am

Just reminding everyone of my B&H site, it's had some updates to the campaign log, and there are some new things in the downloads section, including a playsheet I made.

Visit it here.
Tokkie

Postby Keith Fyans » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:43 am

Nice summary sheets!
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby Tokkie » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:31 am

Keith Fyans wrote:Nice summary sheets!

Thanks man, hope it helps!
Tokkie

Postby wunderworks » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Tokkie wrote:
Keith Fyans wrote:Nice summary sheets!

Thanks man, hope it helps!

I'd like to point those out to John and Jessica and see if they want to host those on the download sections of the B&H page. Would you want that? Full credit would be given. :)

Ben

~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Tokkie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:03 am

I actually sent it to John before I uploaded it to make sure he was cool with it, and he liked it and suggested the same thing. I sent him a file with my collaborator and my names on it, and then never heard from him again. But yes, it would be great if anyone wants to use it, especially the official site!
Tokkie

Postby wunderworks » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Tokkie wrote:I actually sent it to John before I uploaded it to make sure he was cool with it, and he liked it and suggested the same thing. I sent him a file with my collaborator and my names on it, and then never heard from him again. But yes, it would be great if anyone wants to use it, especially the official site!

I mentioned it to him today. I think he was in the middle of the Battle with the Hacker(s) when you sent it to him. Pretty soon paintscribe is probably going to update the B&H page with your form and the character sheets.

~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Tokkie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:39 pm

Awesome.
Tokkie

PreviousNext

Return to Blood and Honor: General Discussion