Blood and Honor WTF?

For general discussions about B&H. If it doesn't seem to go anywhere else stick it here.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Blood and Honor WTF?

Postby Lriot » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:09 am

Thx [ak][aramis] somehow it escaped me - well silly me :lol:
Now I'll have to reconsider the quality of the clan sword of my player cause this is soooo 8-) .
Lriot

Postby [ak][aramis] » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:34 pm

More niggles...
kanji...
Rice Farm Tax (田租) is shown on the clan sheet as 租田
Gambling House ... I cant seem to figure out what the kanji are supposed to be, and it doesn't match my dictionary... which shows:
  • gaming room 賭博場 (とばくじょう tobakujyou)
  • gambling den 博奕宿 (ばくちやど bakuchiyado) 賭博場 (とばくじょう tobakujyou) 賭場 (とば toba)
  • gambling room 鉄火場 (てっかば textukaba)
  • gambling house 賭博場 (とばくじょう tobakujyou)

The sword schools use the chinese readings, not the japanese; not certain if that was intentional...
Never grab a tiger by the tail.... unless it's sedated or dead!
[ak][aramis]

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Can't please all scholars with kanji I guess...
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby duke » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:13 pm

I love the game so far but have two questions (so far). Is there a limit to the Giri rank and Reputation ranks? Can I really have a rank 8 General with a Reputation of 9 in 'Military Strategist'? It seems like there should be a limit of rank 3 or 5 but I couldn't find anything? Any help would be appreciated!
duke

Postby [ak][aramis] » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:37 pm

Another rules Q from me...

the Character chapter implies there is some way to raise the virtues, when it says:
B&H, p.19 wrote:You will have no ranks in that Virtue. Not now, not ever. Well, that’s not completely true. But not now, for sure. And not in the near future.

But season actions provides no way to raise Virtues...
What's the process for raising virtues???

Also, effects of "poor quality" stuff? (I'm using opponent can tag for 1d... but an official answer would be nice... we start in 14 hours...)
[ak][aramis]

Postby Aban the White Stag » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:04 pm

As far as I understand it, raising Virtues is not part of the game. Starting off, your samurai is the best he can or ever will be in his/her Virtues. I believe john is just leaving himself a little breathing room in order to not have to renege on himself on future supplemtents.
Aban the White Stag

Postby wunderworks » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:19 pm

Virtues can change if you, "See the Dragon." IOWs, have a life-changing moment. I believe that is what he's referencing, and also leaving breathing room.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Lriot » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:38 am

duke wrote:I love the game so far but have two questions (so far). Is there a limit to the Giri rank and Reputation ranks? Can I really have a rank 8 General with a Reputation of 9 in 'Military Strategist'? It seems like there should be a limit of rank 3 or 5 but I couldn't find anything? Any help would be appreciated!

I'm reminding everyone about the question quoted cause the answer to it is of interest to me :)
So does anyone know the answer?
(I have a hunch that Giri should be limited to 3 but I dunno about Reputations.)
Lriot

Postby [ak][aramis] » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:23 am

Lriot wrote:
duke wrote:I love the game so far but have two questions (so far). Is there a limit to the Giri rank and Reputation ranks? Can I really have a rank 8 General with a Reputation of 9 in 'Military Strategist'? It seems like there should be a limit of rank 3 or 5 but I couldn't find anything? Any help would be appreciated!

I'm reminding everyone about the question quoted cause the answer to it is of interest to me :)
So does anyone know the answer?
(I have a hunch that Giri should be limited to 3 but I dunno about Reputations.)

I can't find one...
Nor a limit on honor. I there one?
[ak][aramis]

Postby duke » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:25 pm

I guess the whole giri and rep thing is a hole that needs to be house ruled. I think I'm just going to limit Giri to 3 in my games.
duke

PreviousNext

Return to Blood and Honor: General Discussion