Blood and Honor WTF?

For general discussions about B&H. If it doesn't seem to go anywhere else stick it here.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Blood and Honor WTF?

Postby wunderworks » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:34 pm

duke wrote:I guess the whole giri and rep thing is a hole that needs to be house ruled. I think I'm just going to limit Giri to 3 in my games.

I don't think there is a limit, and I think that is on purpose. We specifically play tested several limits with Giri.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby [ak][aramis] » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:21 pm

Because of the huge piles of Honor, and how winter court (in the stories) is soon forgotten, and last year's honor is not this year's honor... we've decided to add in an... They started session with 18, spent over a dozen, and still earned enough to end at 20. Are PC clans supposed to be hip deep in honor?

Honor rank.
Honor is said to start at 2 (appears to be a remainder in rules from some prior draft, the way it is worded).
House rule: The Clan's Honor Pool is rebuilt at start of each spring... Personal honor can be raised by spending 10 clan honor at end of winter, but not above 2+best reputation. If clan honor hits zero, one can accept the blame, and rebuild the pool by sacrificing a personal honor rank as a season action.

We've decided the region has the Aspect Rugged Mountains: Invoke - Bonus to defend in war. Compel - travel must be slow or injurious. Taggable.

Is it fair to give the Region aspects and tags, or even reputations?
(I think so, myself, because I've done so... but... I want feedback.)

When tagging an opponent's injuries, does the honor they get come from your pool or the bank?

When the GM has no characters involved in a risk (like, say, a travel risk), how many dice does he get?
(I've been using 2+relevant scene aspects and player tags...)
Never grab a tiger by the tail.... unless it's sedated or dead!
[ak][aramis]

Postby Tokkie » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:01 am

When are the special edition books being shipped? My order status still says "processing." :(
Tokkie

Postby wunderworks » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:40 pm

Tokkie wrote:When are the special edition books being shipped? My order status still says "processing." :(

I think they're shipping or already shipped. There were some folks over at RPG.net that got theirs already. I think.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Paint Scribe » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Internationals are taking a bit longer getting out. if you are in the states and haven't received your books, drop us an email. If you are out of the US, give it a little longer.

JWP's Layout Lady & Author of Crimson Sorrow: A podcast history of the Ven
Paint Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Tokkie » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Indeed I am in South Africa. I will wait some more then. :|
Tokkie

Postby Tokkie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:10 pm

Paint Scribe wrote:Internationals are taking a bit longer getting out. if you are in the states and haven't received your books, drop us an email. If you are out of the US, give it a little longer.

It only occurs to me now to ask: What are the reason for the delays? What kind of timeframe are we looking at before shipment?
Tokkie

Postby JohnWick » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:54 am

We had a problem with the USPS. That problem has been fixed and the international orders will be shipping in October. Half of them the first half and half the second half. If that makes half sense.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Tokkie » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:04 am

JohnWick wrote:We had a problem with the USPS. That problem has been fixed and the international orders will be shipping in October. Half of them the first half and half the second half. If that makes half sense.

Any news on this?
Tokkie

Postby adriansito » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:19 am

Tokkie wrote:
JohnWick wrote:We had a problem with the USPS. That problem has been fixed and the international orders will be shipping in October. Half of them the first half and half the second half. If that makes half sense.

Any news on this?

I live in the Canary Islands (Spain) and I just received my hardbound copy. :)
adriansito

PreviousNext

Return to Blood and Honor: General Discussion