Music for Blood & Honor

For general discussions about B&H. If it doesn't seem to go anywhere else stick it here.

Moderator: Snag

Music for Blood & Honor

Postby wunderworks » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 pm

What do you use when you run Blood & Honor? I'm about to start, and while I've run a lot of L5R games in the past and have music for that, and was wondering what people like to use.

The music I've used in the past for L5R:

Anything by Kodo the Japanese Taiko group or the Shamisen playing Yoshida Brothers.

Soundtracks to The Last Samurai and yes, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon also some of the music from Battlestar Galactica

But I want MORE! I need to find more awesome Taiko, Kabuki, and other traditional Japanese music.

What do you have and recommend? :D
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Re: Music for Blood & Honor

Postby kramday » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:29 am

My music collection is pretty close to what you listed. But I do have two CDs that I can add.

Lullaby for the Moon: Japanese Music for Koto and Shakuhachi
Shakuhachi: The Japanese Flute
Mark
Left is Death
kramday

Postby PandaDad » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Bought this the day after I got Houses of the Blooded, and may not be running it for some time, but I DO have some musical suggestions (that aren't anime soundtracks).

Heartily agree with Kodo!

Kitaro's Kojiki is good.

Anything by the Ensemble Nipponia is probably worth it: we have two of their CDs (Kabuki and Other Traditional Music and Traditional Vocal and Instrumental Music).

If you really want to startle your players, find some Buddhist chants for a temple scene or the like.

Bamboo and biscotti!
PandaDad
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby loto iluminado » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:15 pm

I recommend the music from Shogun Total war soundtrack. It's the best i could find for B&H.
!Perdón si no escribo bien en ingles!
"Un samurái valiente no piensa en términos de victoria o derrota, combate siempre hasta la muerte" -Yamamoto Tsunetomo-
loto iluminado

Postby wunderworks » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:48 am

Too true! I recently added that music into my playlist for L5R/B&H games! :D I LOVE me some TW games. Are you getting Rome 2:TW? They just made pre-loading available today.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Return to Blood and Honor: General Discussion