An Unusual Alteration

For general discussions about B&H. If it doesn't seem to go anywhere else stick it here.

Moderator: Snag

An Unusual Alteration

Postby PandaDad » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:47 am

As is almost inevitable, my tabletop group likes to keep a couple of alternate ideas on the back burner for those moments when our current GM hits the proverbial brick wall due to Real Life and we need to shift gears. Well, a couple of weeks ago as we were gearing up for our current 4e game (which is going well, all things considered), I was waxing eloquent about Houses of the Blooded and Blood and Honor...and someone, I forget who, said the magic words:

"Hey, we could run a really cool Sith game with that!"

Thus armed with wickedness aforethought, our next project is in the works!

After, that is, we file off the Japanese bits and carefully fill in appropriate terms (lightsabers instead of katana, use of English language titles for giri, and so on and so forth). We've made the design decision to set the game during the Old Republic, if only to ensure plenty of other Sith against whom to compete.

Since this is back-burner for the moment, we're doing Clan generation leisurely. Updates will follow as they happen...and of course, I'm open to any suggestions that anybody wishes to offer for this wild leap into flagrant copyright violation. (More changes may have to be made if the first B&H supplement is released before we start!) And the first step has resulted in a daimyo...errr, Sith Master who is stark raving Mad.

This shall indeed be interesting, in the most Confucian possible sense of the word.

Updates to follow as they occur.

PandaDad
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Re: An Unusual Alteration

Postby PandaDad » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:45 pm

A few updates.

They took Cunning as the Clan Virtue, which seems appropriate.

Holdings are as follows, with some adjustment required:
Vehicle Depot (ie Stables)
Training Hall (ie Dojo)
Sith Temple
Garrison
Cantina (ie Sake House)
Brothel (ie Geisha House...not quite appropriate, but we're wracking our evil little brains to come up with something better)
Armory (ie Blacksmith)

Unfortunately, we took December off due to too many scheduling conflicts, and I've only gotten lukewarm feedback about the Aspect selection, so this is somewhere between Geologic Time and Dead Stop. :D

Current selections are (four of seven players having voted)
Even a Thief Must Learn His Trade (three votes)
If My Dog Knew My Plans (two votes)
Fog Cannot Be Dispelled With A Fan
Dig Two Graves
Waiting For Luck Is Waiting For Death
All Married Women Are Not Wives
One Word Can Warm The Winter
The Best Sword Stays in the Scabbard
First the Man Takes A Drink

What have we learned? Not to do this by secret email ballot! :lol:

Hopefully more to come later--we're still up to our ankles in the current 4e game, and likely to keep this project on the back burner for a while since we generally have very short sessions and do waaaay too much off-topic chatter for the game to really get a worthwhile workout.

PandaDad
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Get to playing! I want to know how this goes!!!
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby PandaDad » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:28 pm

At the current rate of development, I shall either have to a) run it as a play by post somewhere or b ) rework it after World of Dew comes out, as we won't be quite ready to get off the ground yet. :shock:

But! This could change, so I shall keep you posted.

PandaDad
PandaDad

Postby PandaDad » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:33 pm

This is not exactly an update.

After one thoroughly disappointing attempt to run this by forum that utterly crashed and burned due to two different players handing me an Epic Fail (for very different reasons), I had shelved the concept. Now that our own wunderworks is getting World of Dew off the ground, though, I will be mining the playtest document for tidbits that can be yanked free, filed down, re-painted, and repurposed. It's just too cool an idea to let die permanently!

So there may be more yet to come.
PandaDad

Return to Blood and Honor: General Discussion