Clan Virtue + Weakness?

For general discussions about B&H. If it doesn't seem to go anywhere else stick it here.

Moderator: Snag

Clan Virtue + Weakness?

Postby Solandre » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:29 am

If you take as your weakness the Clan virtue (e.g. Courage), will you get one die during Courage risks from your clan even though your character sheet says W?
Triple Crit Counsel & Cantrips for Writers, Role-players, and Gamemasters
Solandre

Re: Clan Virtue + Weakness?

Postby ad1066 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:47 pm

I believe that the weakness cancels out the clan virtue bonus, so the short answer is no. I seem to recall the Houses rules working that way, at least.

-- Ben
ad1066

Postby PandaDad » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:41 pm

As near as I can tell, the answer would appear to be 'no'...and, given that your target number is usually a 10, a single die (without an Aspect to support it) would not be very much use.

My best suggestion for a workaround would be to take the Outsider advantage, which would give you +1 to any Virtue other than that favored by the Clan. :mrgreen:

PandaDad
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby wunderworks » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 pm

You can take your Clan's Virtue as a Weakness, but you don't get the +1 (the W negates the +1). But if you take Outsider, you can apply the +1 to something else.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Return to Blood and Honor: General Discussion