Security & Loyalty

Share and discuss the "house rules" of your own game and campaign.

Moderator: Snag

Security & Loyalty

Postby Keith Fyans » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:37 am

Ok, my percieved problem is that the provincial and regional loyalty rates tread upon each others toes rather than dove-tailing. Add security to the mix and it seems one step removed from eligance; and surely the Ven should be eligant...

Thus my solution:

Privinces have a Security rating
This is used to defend against espionage actions. Just as at present this begins at zero + Rank of Spy Network. It can be upped by an Increased Security. As part of a "Showering Luxuries" Season Season Action you gain +1 Security for every 3 luxuries you shower on the whole province. This bonus lasts until the end of the year. Security is not directly effected by the end of the year (like Privince Loyalty currently is).

Regions have a Loyalty rating
This begins as the Rank of the Region. It can be increased by Heralds and Luxuries just like it is at the moment. The production effect for loyalty being 5 or 10 is just as it is at the moment. If half of the Regions in a Province are rank 5 then you gain +1 Security for the Province. This increases to a +2 bonus if half the provices have Loyalty 10. At the end of the year roll D3 for each Region and lower Loyalty by that value.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Keith Fyans on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Re: Security & Loyalty

Postby khelek » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:57 pm

I like this, and will use (we are in the first session of winter now. but slightly confused.

Privinces have a Security rating
This is used to defend against espionage actions. Just as at present this begins at zero + Rank of Spy Network. It can be upped by an Increased Security. As part of a "Showering Luxuries" Season year. Security is not directly effected by the end of the year (like Privince Loyalty currently is).

This part:

As part of a "Showering Luxuries" Season year.

is that Season Action? and what does it cost? 1 Lux per province, 1 Lux per Region in the province, 1 Lux equal to the highest rated province? etc?

Re: Security & Loyalty

Postby Keith Fyans » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:23 pm

OK, I noticed I cut some of my text accidentally - should make sence when viewed with the "Luxuries" section on Pg 263: 1 season action to shower as many luxuries on your regions/provinces as you can afford :)

Oh, and why not join Living Shanri? It is well woth it, and you get a shot at getting your PC in print!
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Return to The Rules of Your House