Maneuvers and Suaven Blessings as Aspects

Share and discuss the "house rules" of your own game and campaign.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Maneuvers and Suaven Blessings as Aspects

Postby Judd_of_Kryos » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:09 am

Black King wrote:Suaven though...They can give some abilities that can't be easily replicated anywhere else. As they should, that's kinda their purpose. How would that be reconciled with just an aspect?

I totally agree, Suaven break the rules and shouldn't be replicated with aspects. I think I was wrong, quite frankly.

*grits teeth*

I was wrong, John was right.

No, seriously, I think I was off on this one.
Dictionary of Mu

"Trust me when I say this. Your game shelf is barren without this game. Lacking. Empty. But take care: this book will beat the holy hell out of your other books if you leave it alone too long." - John Wick
Judd_of_Kryos

Re: Maneuvers and Suaven Blessings as Aspects

Postby Black King » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:40 pm

wunderworks wrote:Here's an idea that has been bouncing around in my head: Maneuver decks. You draw three cards into your hand and can play one of them each turn of the fight.

Could be interesting, but seems needlessly complex. And excessively arbitrary.

That said, may be interesting after testing it. Would take a bit of tweaking I think as it's a fairly large departure from the normal system. I think another interesting way to do it could be different ways to get cards. Ether getting one per wager or wager/2 you make, or "buying" the cards at the cost of a wager. And maybe ignoring the wager cost somewhere in there, depending on how it works out for pacing.
Black King

Previous

Return to The Rules of Your House