Expanding beyond Shanri

Share and discuss the "house rules" of your own game and campaign.

Moderator: Snag

Re: Expanding beyond Shanri

Postby Velocirapture » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:59 pm

Post 3 of 3

Ok, the operative pieces of the above two posts that are going to be used here are (1) the existence of a fifth race (the Osirians for ease of reference); and, (2) the use of Unity rather than Domination.

Given my love of symmetry, I wonder what it would look like with six races, so that you have the Ven and the Osirians each have all of the group 1 and group 2 virtues, respectively, and then the other four split them up. That way, each virtue is possessed by three races.

Note - the sixth race could be one of the other civilizations that are supposed to have been contemporaries with Atlantis/Mu/Hyperboria/the Osirians, such as the Rama (on the Indian subcontinent); or they could be decimated survivors eeking out a terrible existence in central Asia; or they could have been completely wiped out - so the Virtue symmetry still exists even if it isn't really in play anymore.

I'd suggest that, with a sixth and final civilization, the Virtue spread look like this:

Ven - Strength, Cunning, Courage, Beauty, Wisdom, Prowess
Hyperboria - Cunning, Courage, Prowess, Unity, Honor, Insight
Atlantis - Courage, Beauty, Wisdom, Unity, Ingenuity, Mastery
Lemuria - Strength, Cunning, Wisdom, Faith, Honor, Mastery
Rama (or other) - Strength, Beauty, Prowess, Ingenuity, Honor, Mastery
Osirian - Unity, Ingenuity, Faith, Honor, Insight, Mastery

So you're aware, I picked out the Hyperborian, Atlantean & Lemurian Virtues intentionally and then just filled in the blanks to get Rama's. I figured it might be interesting to start from a Virtue set and then work forwards to figure out what the civilization that they created might look like. Rather than starting with the civilization and then working backwards to figure out what Virtues best fit that end state.

Granted, I haven't done that yet, but I thought it'd be interesting to try. Maybe I'll jot some notes down when I have some free time next.
Velocirapture

Postby shadowclasper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:53 pm

I love what you've put out, but I'm going to have to knock it down sadly :(

For Unity, the problem there is that when you have a special mechanic like that thrown in, it reads more as a 'veiled' virtue than a full and proper one. Also the system is built with a preconcieved notion in mind. Players only ever ADD dice to their rolls. They never, ever subtract them or make their total smaller. They can LOSE a bonus in a major way, but never for a single, solitary roll. So Unity being half it's value kinda flies in the face of that, something that COULD work as a veiled virtue, but not as a primary one. Also the idea of "The Power to Support Others" isn't about being HELPED to do stuff. Strength is about only helping yourself. It's essentially a very selfish and ven trait. "The Power to Support Others" isn't about needing help to do things. It's about having the power to help others when they cannot help themselves. It's a selfless trait.

For the 5 or 6 civilization standing rather than the 4 standing, for perfect symetry, we'd need at least 8 full civilizations, not 5.

Ven and Osirians take up the "full of column A and B" slots.

Then we have 3 from the "two column A and 4 column B" slots.

Then we have 3 taking the opposite side of that "two column B and 4 column A".

I prefer to think of it as a cross. Much neater. Less work. If others want to take up and fill in other civilizations as well once we're done? That's their prerogative, but it's always better to focus on a core foundation and keep it small to start and expand outward, rather than coming up with a bunch of new stuff.

All that said, I think I like the balance you have going that gives Hyperboria and Atlantis the same 'strength' asset. And I can't see any overlap of intended similar slots either.

I also kinda dislike using Osiris for the focus of any one civilization (especially given Lemuria is placed in the egyptian region by what's already sorta been written).

Atlantians, Lemurians, Mu, and the Ven have no real contemporaries in 'actual' history. They're unique. Bits and pieces of them MAY have filtered into civilizations after them, but the Osiris cult first really rose up around 2498 BCE. That's WELL the heck after civilizations began (which was around 12,000 BCE).

That SAID. There's NO reason minor powers amongst the Big 4 (The Ven, Hyperborians, Atlanteans, and Lemurians) couldn't have held onto relatively small areas (such as the nile valley in the middle of the holdings of Lemuria) and if people want to use the frame work me and my friends are building here to create other antediluvian civilizations? Then I say have at it. Hell, make a list of them here with the Osirians at the top. I'm having trouble shifting through them all. I went with Hyperboria, Atlantis, and Lemuria because they're SPECIFICALLY mentioned in the source book and so I took on the assumption that they're the largest powers in the world in the aftermath of the Sorcerer King's war.

What I've been going with for the Sorcerer-Kings is that they're not human. Conventional morality doesn't work for them. Think lovecraft, but more King in Yellow than Cthulhu. The Ven might have been COMMON slaves, but they were by no means the ONLY ones given the stories about the Orks in Wilderness, not even the only ones to have a direct relationship with the Sorcerer-Kings, and given how some of the Orks look fondly at the Sorcerer-King's memories, it would suggest that not every sorcerer-king was out and out hostile and evil. But make no mistake, the Sorcerer-Kings had their own priorities in mind, and the needs and wants of the beings below them only mattered in so far as upkeep for tools mattered.

Could there be a pocket kingdom of Osirians? Sure. This is all about drama and opera and conflicting points of view at the end of the day :D I can't wait to see what else you come out with, but right now I want to focus on getting the three biggies besides the Ven settled. Starting with Hyperborea because they're the simplest and have the mechanics closest to the Blooded in my mind. I'm still working out how to get tribes to work well however, I'm thinking they count regions and such as a much looser definition than the Ven do.
Last edited by shadowclasper on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shadowclasper

Postby shadowclasper » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Okay, so. We're going to be focusing on Hyperborea today. This is mostly stream of conciousness, so bear with me.

My issue lies in how to get tribes functioning. Bannermen are easy. Those are simply NPCs. I already detailed how food works in relation to them, so Bannermen need to have some more mechanics for getting food than normal.

My thought is that a seasonal action called a "The Great Hunt" which allows hyperboreans to devote Bannermen specifically to hunting and gathering, but they can't do ANYTHING else that season. But each one gives you dice to roll for food gathering while in a region.

Hyperboreans don't have the nice civilized areas of the Ven. They don't have the advantage of being in the middle of the Sorcerer-Kings' empires and domains. This is also why they survived the wars of the sorcerer-kings. They were in the backwater middle of freaking no where. Even the Sorcerer-Kings required SOME kind of infrastructure, this is self evident from the fact they built cities, roads, needed slaves to preform tasks. This means there are going to be parts of the world that they would not have touched in their war, simply because it'd have been a waste of man and spell power to target them. This region is Hyperborea, the place where humanity, left to grow wild and untamed by those who uplifted them from mere apes, could survive.

Hyperborea would be most wild territories, untamed. Steppes in place of Plains, Thickets (or maybe Weald) in place of Forest. Crags in place of Mountains. Leashores in place of coastlines. Ven places were SHAPED for habitation, even if they call their world "The Great Enemy" the fact of the matter is that the place they're IN right now? Is more NEGLECTED than anything else. It's not like the wild lands which rarely, if ever, saw major habitation or control by any Sorcerer-King remotely interested in building a recognizable form of civilization. Hyperborea is even more so. It's a place that has been all but ignored, far away from anything of worth, and survivable enough that humans could survive in them. The challenges of Hyperborea lie not in horridly terrible magicked wilderness, but in the natural power and uncaringness of Hyperborea. That said, it has it's share of dangers. Hidden Labs, hidy holes for the more powerful servants of the Sorcerer-Kings, perhaps even the sanctuaries of sorcerer-kings who escaped the battles (or thought they did, only to have a curse flung their way even far off in Hyperborea).

So we come to a new designation for Ruins. They come in two types. Abandoned ruins are safer, but have less reward. They have almost no magic left in them. These are no proper puzzle houses, they were built long ago as research stations or temporary camps for the Sorcerer-Kings and their servants, and then abandoned. They are by far the most common. Volatile ruins are the other kind.

In the Isles of the Ven, the Puzzle Houses remain because they were well built things, and as common as dirt at one point. The archipeligo controlled by the Blooded was once the primary seat of at least one Sorcerer-King political body, perhaps the shining jewel of their entire civilization. The Ven do not even realize how many puzzle houses ONCE existed, but were utterly obliterated in the war. That so many survive is a testament to how POPULATED their part of the world once was by their former masters.

The ruins in Hyperborea are not of that kind. The ones that were occupied towards the period of war that wiped out the Sorcerer-Kings were either hastily costructed and left unfinished, or hit by throw away curses and spells that all but obliterated them. Only their distance and relative unimportance protected them. Volatile Ruins are the second type of ruins found in Hyperborea, and they function the same as ruins in Ven territory. But given they were mostly left half finished or badly damaged if not destroyed, Volatile Ruins automatically place a doom upon whoever enters the, and they generate danger for all connected regions. Volatile Ruins also leak magical energies constantly. Whenever a Volatile Ruin region is discovered, it automatically produces 3 'spell-waste' regions in the same province. If there are not enough region slots left in the province, then the owner (or owners) of the province replace territories with spell-waste regions. Spell-waste regions are REALLY bad. They only produce danger. They are created either from the fallout of hastily flung spells, or from leakage from half finished puzzle houses. The Ven islands would probably ALL qualify as spell-wastes, or perhaps once did. But the Ven's rebuilding efforts have largely handled the damage left behind, and the natural wards and spells in the islands have long since absorbed most of the magical fallout.

That brings us to regions in Hyperborea. Regions and Provinces are still there, since territory is still an important facet of life for the tribes, as are resources, but they are more fluid than the ridgedly feudal systems of the Blooded. I'm still trying to figure out how that'll work, but the way I'm thinking is that for one, no 'urban' areas. Rather they act as sources of resources and danger.

Regions are not easily developed, they are wild tracks of land for the most part. Things can be built in them, but it is a major investment on the part of a tribe, and usually the intended set up is for something anybody can use.

For example, they might build a wintering-hold. A long and involve process unless they use an abandoned ruin as the base for such a construction (Volatile ruins are far too dangerous). Such a structure would give a tribe the ability to store resources through the winter and into next year, a very valuable thing, which is why a wintering-hold, only large enough for one tribe, can be something that is constantly fought over by tribes.

Because regions cannot be developed and civilized, their quality (from 1-3) is based upon a random roll made when the region is discovered. Hyperboreans do not possess the ability to change this. A d3 is rolled when a region is explored for the first time to determine it's value. This value does NOT equate to how easy it is to get resources from it, such as other wild regions. The Hyperboreans are adept scavengers and for everything except food, they require far less than the Ven do to get things done. This number decides how many TIMES a region can be exploited each YEAR. Not Season. YEAR. For everyone. Not just the 'owner' of the place.

This simulates the nomadic tendencies of the Hyperboreans. They move from province to province. They can bring any resource that is not stone or wood with them to other provinces. Stone and wood are HEAVY things, and have to be crafted and used immediately where they are. Especially for larger projects. Building a wintering-hold is a long involved project, and requires a lot of man power. Caches likewise. And so on and so forth.

This number represents TOTAL exploitation. Not just of any one resource. Hyperborea is a nasty, mad place. It fights occupation, as if it fears that building cities upon it will only result in harm done to it like the rest of the world. If you have a craggy (mountain) region, of grade two. Hyperboreans can exploit it twice a year, for food (which can be gained anywhere by hyperboreans on a grand hunt), stone, OR metal. Not 2 of each.

You might notice that a grand hunt being called can potentially gain more dice for food than a region has access to. This is fine, it just represents a particularly good hunt, but a wise Hero will see to it that his tribe avoids that region after that. The Mad Teacher will not suffer their presence there much longer.

Danger works exactly the same as always. Danger prevents things from happening in a region until it is dealt with.

It is possible to exploit a region beyond it's quality level. If a tribe or tribes does so, then generate a danger point the following season for every additional resource harvested above the quality of the region in that region, and then generate 1 danger point for as many regions in the province as were generated for the overexploited region. These stack with multiple overexploited regions, and if you have more danger points to hand out than regions in the province, simply keep piling them on evenly until all generated danger points are spent.

Finally, it should be noted that as a season action, the Hero can move the tribe's base anywhere within the same province, or to a neighboring province.

They must clearly state which region of a province they are basing their tribe in.

Whenever danger occurs in the same place as the tribe itself, it MUST be dealt with. It CAN be dealt with by adventures, or by season actions.

For every point of Danger that is NOT dealt with by the end of the season. The owner of that tribe degrades one of his bannermen by 1 quality point, or kill off an NPC. If this would reduce a bannerman's quality to 0, then that bannerman is removed. All members of that part of the tribe have been killed off by the danger generated. If this should ever reduce the number of bannermen and npcs to 0, then the tribe has scattered and fled, or been wiped out. The Hero may continue to operate, and even form a new tribe, but he cannot gain or store glory, nor can he call upon the +1 gained from his Tradition, as he has utterly failed his tradition by allowing his tribe to die off. In most circumstances, Heroes will seek out an honorable death fighting against whatever it was that obliterated their tribe, as long as they continue to do so, they can find help and succor amongst the other tribes of Hyperborea. A Hero who gives up this quest, is dead in the eyes of the Hyperboreans, and becomes unplayable, for he is no longer a hero.

What do you guys think so far? I know it's a disorganized mess, but I think the general gist of the system works...

edit: I should mention the focus of the systems for the Mages and Mystics will be far less upon resource management and far more upon exploration of one sort or another. The Atlanteans seek out places to expand their Thesis, but they gain resources through trade with non-mage atlanteans. The Mystics of Lemuria I'm still working on, though I'm thinking the invisible world's paths are probably figured out through relationships of physical things in the real world. Think like the way the temple cities for the Lizardmen in Warhammer Fantasy work kinda. Resources are far less important to them compared to ephemeral things in the Invisible world, though there are ways of converting natural resources into ephemeral ones probably. But that's for later. Right now the focus is on the Hyperboreans who are probably closest to the Ven mechanically, low magic, physical resource management, and opera scaled tales of blood brothers, honor, slights on said honor, and passion.

edit2: So season actions are based upon a stat for the Hyperboreans (probably their strength equiv if we manage to figure out a name for 'The Power to Support Others', otherwise it'd probably be cunning like the ven), then NPCs get their own actions, and each bannerman has at least one action themselves. So large tribes do more.

For Grand Hunts, I'd imagine that there's only one specific set of bannermen, 'Hunters' who get to contribute their full quality towards doing a hunt. Everyone else only contributes a single die per season action taken. After all, while Hyperborean smiths are able to hunt and gather like any member of a tribe, they're specialty lies not in hunting but in smithing.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention. The men and women of hyperborea are short, stocky folks. Malnutrition and back breaking labor make their lives and bodies short. I'd imagine that the other races probably refer to them, if they know of them at all, as Dwarves. Family, tradition, honor bound short hairy warriors (stereotypically short, I imagine they have their share of giants as well).

Something I'd like to ask you guys about. Should the Hyperboreans have the secret of forging steel? To reinforce the whole dwarven thing?

The idea about them living 'in the ground' comes from the cairns (which are both burial places and shelters during the winter) and caves in the hills and mountains against the harsh winters of hyperborea. The more temperate regions are controlled by the Lemurians, who if they pay attention at all to the Hyperboreans, it's only to take them as slaves. No, the steppes and wealds of the north are not kind places in winter. Going south for the winter is a fools errand, for that leads more deeply into the spell wastes and such around what will one day be the Mediterranean. Going there just means slavers, monsters, and worse.

No, the Hyperboreans hunker down for the winter. In wintering-holds, cairns, or caves they find in the hills and mountains, or even in pits they dig into the steppes if nothing else will suffice. Anything to avoid the clawing wintery bite of the Mad Teacher's breath.

I'd imagine there is but a single place where the Tribes can consistently go for wintering, though it has it's own share of treachery and politics. The Barrows. The Barrows would be the only 'real' city the Hyperboreans have. A collection of wintering holds, cairns, and burial grounds at the center of the planes built up around a single, solitary mountain with a single, vastly ancient ruin deep within it's halls. Most tribes do not live close enough to it to go regularly, but every hero and bannerman hope to see it at least once in their lives.

edit3: Also, just a thought, given the amount of people a tribe can potentially have, it might be better to have it be 1-6 on the value of territories, but I'm not certain. I'm still working it out in my head.

Another possibility is that NPCs do not use up food themselves (So the seneschal equivalent wouldn't use another point of food each year in addition to the 3 points used up by the servants equiv). Rather NPCs require that you spend glory from your glory pool each year to keep them with your tribe rather than going off to other tribes with glory equal to their talents?

Frankly I'm a little worried the food system as I've set it up right now is a little TOO restrictive. Might be better to have it so food is tracked separately from other resources? But then again, the idea is that for a Tribe to retain it's food stores from year to year, it needs a wintering hold, and there are probably going to be other ways of getting food. My thoughts on the matter are that getting food should be 'easy' but losing it should be just as easy. Also the consequences of not having food should be harsher than for the Ven. rather than loyalty dropping, you outright lose the people you can't afford to feed, and lose glory with them since as the Hero you couldn't protect them from starvation.

Perhaps a better way than above would be that hunters generate 2 dice for the purposes of the great hunt for each quality point they have, where others only generate 1 die per quality point... but I'm still waffling on it... it'll probably need to be tested before a final conclusion can be come to...

edit4:
Forgot to mention, unlike the Blooded, more than one tribe can base themselves in a single province, though they'll quickly deplete it of resources.

Summary
Hyperboreans have a more fluid, nomadic focused system than the Blooded. They have very few permanent structures, and most of their efforts go into base survival. Heroes make do with limited resources and attempt to keep the tribe fed.

Tribes move their camp from region to region, or between provinces. If they cannot deal with all of the danger in their camp's region by the end of the season, it causes the loss of bannermen's quality points, or npcs, equal to the amount of danger that is left over at the end of the season (this happens regardless of whether the tribe moves out of the region, if they started in a region that had danger applied to them that season, they still have to deal with it). Tribes that lose all bannermen and NPCs through this dissolve, leaving only the hero, who must seek out honorable death against the force that took their tribe from them (or something linked to it), otherwise they stop being heroes and cannot be played.

Bannermen use up as much food as they have quality points invested in them. NPCs use up Glory instead of food.

Tribes do not have urban areas, but they do have structures that can be built in regions. A region only ever supports 1 structure ever. Structures are not 'owned' by the tribe that built them, nor the dominant tribe in the Province. They are owned by whoever is using them. The only way to deny usage of a Structure to another tribe is by camping in the region containing the structure. Some structures require being camped on to function at all.

Hyperboreans do not settle and civilize regions the same way that the Ven do. They do not have the organization or the resources to do so. Instead they explore them. They roll a die (1d3? 1d6?)to determine how plentiful resources are in that region, and can safely harvest as many resources from that region each year (maybe each season? Or too much?) as the quality of the region itself.

Harvesting resources requires an action from the Bannermen. Hunting/Gathering for food can be undertaken by any bannerman period. Other resource gathering actions take different kinds of bannermen. A bannerman rolls 1d6 per quality point on a season action to gather resources. Like any harvesting in a wild region, you evens results in gaining a resource point, odds result in the season action being wasted. Hunters, focusing on the grand hunt action, get food on any roll that isn't a 1 or a 6? (Or perhaps any roll that isn't a 1?).

Over exploiting a region leads to bad things happening. Not only does the region over exploited gain danger, but so do other regions in the same province.

Without special assistance, structures, and bannermen, it is impossible to move stone and wood from one province to another.

Tribes lose all of their spare resources at the end of each year. They can take season actions specifically in winter (which are risky at best), or utilize special structures to store resources (especially food).

Problems
-Food Gain/Usage is going to have to be carefully balanced. A tribe that grows too large should find it very difficult to produce enough food for itself, protect itself, and preform other actions such as producing structures, items, and similar.

-The idea is that tribes are making do with far less than the Ven do, but not doing so with much less quality. A resource point of stone for the Hyperboreans should NOT be the same as a resource point for the Ven under any circumstances. At the same time, we want to keep the math to a minimum. Probably the easiest way to do this is to simply state that if a Hero of Hyperborea wishes to buy something that is listed by the Blooded, Mages, or Mystics, it takes twice (thrice?) the amount of resources to achieve? Would this work perhaps?

-How do we balance this against Blooded, Mages, and Mystics? My thought is that Heroes can generally store a LOT more glory than any of the other factions can store their style equivalent, and they get maneuvers much, much, much more easily, including Maneuvers that allow them to shrug off damage that would fell Blooded, Mages, or Mystics. These are HEROES. Hercules, Achilles, Theseus. Their focus is on high adventure, so where they lack in actions to produce fine weaponry and such, they gain far more combat prowess, since that's where the focus of this all is.

-This lays down the ground work of DAY TO DAY dealings of the Tribe, but it does not deal with the crux of the matter of Heroes. The Legacy. The Bannermen make up the tribe like vassals make up a domain in HotB. But then there is the LEGACY. Your Hero is expect to die a glorious and honorable death in battle protecting the interests of his tribe. He is NOT going to be a long lived fellow. So the story isn't about the INDIVIDUAL so much as it is about the LEGACY. Your LEGACY is your character. You don't reroll your character from scratch every time he dies, because the person who fills in the shoes of the previous hero is likely going to be very similar. He gets a chance to switch a few stats (but never their weakness?), maybe exchange a trait or two. But by and large, the successor of the Legacy is carrying it on. He inherits enemies, he inherits allies. He inherits some degree of knowledge and skill if the Hero before him took the time to properly TRAIN him. He might even inherit the legendary sword of his tribe (whose legend goes all the way back to your very first hero in the legacy) if it's recovered with the remains of his predecessor or if his predecessor foresaw his own death and left it behind.

After we discuss the tribe some here, I'm going to go into the Legacy mechanics brewing in my head. But first I want to get the Tribe settled.
shadowclasper

Postby Velocirapture » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:32 pm

I really like the idea of the Legacy being the character. I feel like I've seen it somewhere before, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Regardless, I'm enjoying watching this develop and I'll keep spitting ideas out as they come to me to see if anything helps out.
Velocirapture

Postby shadowclasper » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:01 pm

The ordering you gave when you suggested Unity helped tremendously!
shadowclasper

Postby shadowclasper » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:52 am

Going to start going into legacy tomorrow.

Right now I'm just going to give the bare bones.

Legacy is more than 'who your Hero is' it is what he leaves behind for the tribe. It is knowledge, it is techniques, it is all of these things.

When your Hero dies, he'll leave these things behind for his successor. If you've spent time and energy grooming a successor, then they'll start off with a good bit of their legacy already ready to go right out of the gate.

Iron Forging is an example of something that goes into your legacy. The Hyperboreans probably even have figured out steel forging (out of sheer necessity, without ready access to Orichalcum they NEED something potent and powerful to kick monster ass) but it's as rare and as closely guarded a secret as making Orichalcum is to the Ven. But that's besides the point. A maneuver is part of your legacy, a story is as well.

All of these things cost resources to get in the first place, resources AND glory. They represent bringing something NEW to the legacy. Given how hard it is to get resources for your tribe? Bringing something new to your legacy is a big deal, and should be the frequent focus of adventures.

Now, you can also spend resources to raise the 'glory cap' of your successor as you're training him. This represents priming him to take on the mantle of your legacy when you die.

See, when you die, you're going to be spending the vast majority of Glory you earned to represent your successor taking on your legacy. He has to buy into the things left behind by your legacy, and they're CHEAP to begin with, when first buying them, but they're going to double or triple in cost later on. Worse, if you don't buy everything in your legacy by the end of it, then you lose that for your next successor. This means that as time goes on, your legacy will change, evolve, and adapt to the situation. Do you spend points buying back lost parts of your legacy? Or do you abandon them for new opportunities and necessities?

Let's take the iron working example. steel smelting is a part of your legacy. It starts off with your smith. He learns how smelt steel thanks to the efforts of one of your first heros. Eventually though, the glory income isn't enough for the next generation when the successor comes of age. It's not that your smiths have forgotten how to smelt steel, it's that your hero isn't WORTHY of that steel weaponry. They will not forge steel for that hero or for the unworthy tribe anymore. If this new hero dies off before rebuying steel smelting, then the assumption is the smith who knew how to smelt steel moved onto a more worthy tribe.

that's kinda the frame work I'm thinking of going with for the legacy, I'll expand on it more tomorrow.
shadowclasper

Postby shadowclasper » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:45 pm

haven't had any more clever ideas for legacy... apparently I wrote out the full thing last time.

Myths and Legends don't need to be expanded much, it's just devotions really with a different focus.

I'll need to brainstorm season actions and similar as well, any ideas on that front would be appreciated.
shadowclasper

Postby shadowclasper » Wed May 07, 2014 8:05 am

Sorry for the slowness guys. Been working hard for Personae for the past few weeks and haven't had any time to tackle this. I've not forgotten it though.
shadowclasper

Postby shadowclasper » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:39 am

Just letting you guys know I've not abandoned this project, still working on it on and off. Just hitting economic hard times, and also my other projects are starting to take off and require more direct attention.

Also, I'm no longer worried about the food system for Hyperboreans. It hit me like a bolt of lightning that what this encourages is the party to specialize their tribes and trade with one another to support larger and better tribes. Unlike the Ven which are all about backstabbery, Hyperboreans should have far more cooperation involved.
shadowclasper

Postby shadowclasper » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Back again, unfortunately most of my friends have moved on from this, but still hoping to get things nailed down for the game. If anybody wants to help out, toss me a PM and I'll give you my skype details.
shadowclasper

PreviousNext

Return to The Rules of Your House