Veiled Virtues at Character Creation

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Veiled Virtues at Character Creation

Postby shadowclasper » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:16 am

So we throw in a new virtue right? Does that mean a character has TWO weaknesses? Or do we get additional points to spend on the virtue?

edit:
from reading Wicked Words issue 2, I think I figured out that when you take on a veiled virtue, you end up losing out on one of the main virtues. It becomes a weakness. Any virtue you don't take is considered a weakness.
shadowclasper

Re: Veiled Virtues at Character Creation

Postby wunderworks » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Exactly. There are ten Virtues and you only get five of them. :)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby shadowclasper » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:04 pm

Reread wicked words 2... must be a misprint (because it says right before it you only get 5 virtues). The veiled ven have 6 virtues, 3 at 2, the example ven dropped strength, but nothing else. Thought I'd bring it up, probably just a typo, but one you want to replace when you guys print slumming in full.
shadowclasper

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:24 am

shadowclasper wrote:Reread wicked words 2... must be a misprint (because it says right before it you only get 5 virtues). The veiled ven have 6 virtues, 3 at 2, the example ven dropped strength, but nothing else. Thought I'd bring it up, probably just a typo, but one you want to replace when you guys print slumming in full.

Yep, looks like he forgot to pick a weakness. This will be corrected in time, I'm sure. Good catch!
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Return to Frequently Asked Questions