Unexplored Starting Regions

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Unexplored Starting Regions

Postby Alexai Adrente » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:33 pm

A starting character (barring spending bonus points) has 7 explored regions and 3 unexplored regions in his province. Can those 3 unexplored regions count as regions of other Ven? I.e. I could go conqueror them and have them already improved instead of having to explore 3 lands? Or do I have to explore and civilize all 10 regions in my province first before starting to play Conquistador?

Alexai
"One may know how to gain a victory, and know not how to use it."
Alexai Adrente

Re: Unexplored Starting Regions

Postby Skaldsaga » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:38 pm

Alexai Adrente wrote:I could go conqueror them and have them already improved instead of having to explore 3 lands?

I don't see why not. I think the unexplored tag is just to denote that you don't have control of 3 regions yet. At least that's how I'm playing it, until told differently.
I stopped fighting the inner demons. We’re on the same side now.
Skaldsaga

Postby JohnWick » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:53 pm

Alexai Adrente wrote:A starting character (barring spending bonus points) has 7 explored regions and 3 unexplored regions in his province. Can those 3 unexplored regions count as regions of other Ven? I.e. I could go conqueror them and have them already improved instead of having to explore 3 lands? Or do I have to explore and civilize all 10 regions in my province first before starting to play Conquistador?

Alexai

You can go out and conquer other Regions if you like. The system is abstract, so I really don't care where you got them. :)
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby scowilli5 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:12 pm

Seems like a difficult way to expand your province but when has that ever stopped the Ven from trying. I looked through the rules and I didn't see anything that explicitly says you can't.
Blooded of the Tree frog
Action is eloquence.
William Shakespeare Should be a Ven quote
scowilli5

Postby Snag » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:28 am

Yep, it's completely an either/or gig. All depends on which road you want to take.

Develop wild regions - Orks to rassle, stuff to build, yay.

Conquer others' regions - If you can keep 'em, they clearly didn't belong to the other ven in the first place, no? Plus, stuff already built and in place, always a bonus.
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Return to Frequently Asked Questions