Starting Age

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Starting Age

Postby scowilli5 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:21 pm

On page 89 in the Age section it says, "We'll cover how your character ages in the Seasons chapter". So you go to page 272 and again look in the Age section, and it says, "When you created your character, you were instructed to roll one d6 and write that number there." My question is this, Do you roll a d6 for your age at character creation, or is it rolled during your first winter season?
scowilli5

Re: Starting Age

Postby Skaldsaga » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:31 pm

Roll a d6 at character creation, that is your current age per that season (Spring, Summer, etc.). Then at the end of the year you roll another d6 and add that number to your age. Once you reach 60+ your character enters into the next season age. Spring to Summer, Sumer to Autumn, etc. And gets the bonuses for aging, most aspects, contacts, etc. You erase the number and start off at 0. And the cycle continues.

Or at least that's how I understand it.
I stopped fighting the inner demons. We’re on the same side now.
Skaldsaga

Postby Snag » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:22 pm

I kind of figured that the rolling for age thing was a typo, or a remainant of a time when the intended rule *was* to roll for your age. You start off as a spring, unless the Narrator states otherwise. Ven children achieve mobility after a year, and appear to spend a fair bit of time running amok until around the rough equivalent of 10 or so, being taught whatever it is they're supposed to learn. And otherwise, the ven don't measure time in years, just seasons, which is why you have the age modifier at the end of each year, to show how much longer you progress until the next Season Phase o' life.
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby JohnWick » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:54 pm

scowilli5 wrote:On page 89 in the Age section it says, "We'll cover how your character ages in the Seasons chapter". So you go to page 272 and again look in the Age section, and it says, "When you created your character, you were instructed to roll one d6 and write that number there." My question is this, Do you roll a d6 for your age at character creation, or is it rolled during your first winter season?

Roll 1d6 at character creation and add another at Winter.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Return to Frequently Asked Questions