Moving Resources

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Moving Resources

Postby Luke » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:53 pm

The rules say it takes a Season Action to move resources between your provinces.

I'm a bit stumped about this. It implies you need to move all your resources to the province in which they are needed and used. That could consume a lot of actions. We have a campaign about ready to start and I'm thinking of ruling that each season it just takes one Season Action to move all your resources where they need to go within your domain. It still takes actions to send resources to others.

Am I missing something here? Am I going to woefully unbalance the domain system with this (Looking at it, I think not, but I'm all ears on this subject).
Podcasting Awesomeness at the Podgecast.
Luke

Re: Moving Resources

Postby babayaga » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:00 am

I'm perfectly ok with the rules as written in the current system. Remember that:

1) A caravan vassal can take "move resource" actions for you.

2) You can move 1 resource / season to each of your Contacts "for free". And if you have lots of provinces in your domain, you are supposed to be a powerful noble with lesser nobles who have sworn you fealty controlling most of "your" lands, and taking actions on your behalf! This includes becoming Contacts of each other, and thus helping each other out with the resulting Free Actions as well as with Contact "free transfers".
babayaga

Postby Luke » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Yeah, I'm not concerned with using actions to move resources to other domains. That seems fine.

It just seems like if I have to move every resource from where it was produced to another one of my provinces where it is needed (Wine to the Spy Network, Food to the Staff, Stone to the Castle for storage, etc.) that it is going to eat up a ton of Season Actions. Even with a Rank 3 Caravan, it's going to take a lot of actions to get everything where it needs to go.

I just want to make sure I'm reading the rules right.
Luke

Postby wunderworks » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:02 pm

As it says in the Character Generation Reference sheet:

[*]The total amount of land that you own is your Domain.

[*]Domains are made up of Provinces.

[*]Each Province is made up of 10 Regions.

From pg. 255 of the main book:

[*]Transporting Resources and Goods to other Domains costs one Season Action.

[*]Transporting Resources and Goods within your own Domain, but between Provinces also costs a Season Action.

I believe the note in the Character Generation Reference Sheet that says that Caravans transport Resources between Regions is a typo.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:58 pm

Yeah, it is easier to think of it as Spend 1 Season ation to move a Resource from 1 province to any other province.
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby Luke » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Oh, gotcha!

Yeah, that makes more sense.

Thanks, guys!
Luke

Return to Frequently Asked Questions