Banking Style

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Banking Style

Postby Rob Justice » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:48 am

Alright, I'm just going to ask the question and not get into any of the guesses I have or personal thoughts.

How much style can a Ven with Beauty as their weakness bank? Since they can't wear any items that can bank style, what other options are available for banking style? I know they can bank up to 5 style themselves and 3 style in a Maid/Valet, but are there any other ways to bank style that I'm missing? What about swords banking style? Do those count as the Beauty limit ro wearing items?
Rob Justice

Re: Banking Style

Postby scowilli5 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:59 am

You can bank style in artifacts as well, but other then that and a servant I don't think you can bank any more.
Blooded of the Tree frog
Action is eloquence.
William Shakespeare Should be a Ven quote
scowilli5

Postby JLHBurnett » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:03 am

I don't have my book handy, but I believe you can bank style from Art as well.

But yeah, weaknesses always suck.
-Joshua LH Burnett-

http://www.HexGames.com
JLHBurnett

Postby JohnWick » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:08 am

robjustice wrote:Alright, I'm just going to ask the question and not get into any of the guesses I have or personal thoughts.

How much style can a Ven with Beauty as their weakness bank? Since they can't wear any items that can bank style, what other options are available for banking style? I know they can bank up to 5 style themselves and 3 style in a Maid/Valet, but are there any other ways to bank style that I'm missing? What about swords banking style? Do those count as the Beauty limit ro wearing items?

Just because you have no Beauty doens't mean you can't have items that bank Beauty. It means you have a lot of difficulty making them.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Rob Justice » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:19 am

Agreed, weaknesses suck. I'm just wondering if I was missing anything.

Oh man, I hate to quote pages but...
Page 246 wrote:But fashion is fickle and its ever so easy to overdo it. So, be careful. You can only wear a number of Goods equal to your Beauty.

Doesn't this mean a Ven with Beauty as their Weakness can't wear any Goods that bank Style?

And I looked it up, you can bank style in art that you own. Missed that the first time around.
I didn't see any mention of banking Style in Artifacts.. unless they count as Goods/Art
And what about swords? Are swords considered Goods?
Rob Justice

Postby JohnWick » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:28 am

Gak. Let me double-check that. I'm not sure if I want that rule in my book.

(Artifact from previous playtests.)
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby JLHBurnett » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:37 am

Working under the assumption that you can only wear as many Style-storing goods as you have Style... (John's ruling may change this)

I wouldn't count swords as a good. That is to say, a 0 Beauty Ven can still bank Style in their sword. To the Ven, swords are Style.
-Joshua LH Burnett-

http://www.HexGames.com
JLHBurnett

Postby Rob Justice » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:48 am

I understand why the rule is there, it puts a limit on how much people can wear to bank style with. If it gets errata'ed out I'm fine with that as well.

I am also under the mindset that Swords wouldn't count towards your Beauty limit but my GM (he doesn't deserve to be called a Narrator yet) is a stickler for the rules and unless I can get some sort of clarification on this topic... well, you get the idea.

Not that I'm trying to weasel around my weakness... just trying to figure out what my options are.
Rob Justice

Postby Alexai Adrente » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 am

yeah... on pg 246 under "craft goods" it says you can only wear a number of goods equal to your Beauty."
"One may know how to gain a victory, and know not how to use it."
Alexai Adrente

Postby JohnWick » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:55 am

Okay, I've considered it. Kill the "number of Goods equal to Beauty" line.
JohnWick
Site Admin

Next

Return to Frequently Asked Questions