Suaven Rank Increases

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Suaven Rank Increases

Postby eberg » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:38 pm

Can we get a recap on the requirements for a suaven to increase their rank? The requirement for minor, 5 shrines across 10 domains, makes no sense and the requirements for great and grand suaven appear to be identical.

Also, there is mention of needing 10 shrines to build a temple and this doesn't match the holdings section, which just says a shrine needs to be active for a year before a temple can be built and you need a relic.

Okay, one last bit. The relic requirement refers to the suaven section as having more information, but I don't see it. Only one of the great suaven has known relics listed, otherwise the subject seems not to be treated.
Eric Christian Berg

Running: D&D 4e
Playing: Changeling: the Lost, The Fantasy Trip (Victorian Occult)
eberg

Re: Suaven Rank Increases

Postby JohnWick » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:40 am

eberg wrote:Can we get a recap on the requirements for a suaven to increase their rank? The requirement for minor, 5 shrines across 10 domains, makes no sense and the requirements for great and grand suaven appear to be identical.

Ten different domains each need five Shrines. Fifty total Shrines. Hope that helps. :)

eberg wrote:Also, there is mention of needing 10 shrines to build a temple and this doesn't match the holdings section, which just says a shrine needs to be active for a year before a temple can be built and you need a relic.

The ten Shrines to build a Temple requirement is in addition to having a Shrine for at least a year.

eberg wrote:Okay, one last bit. The relic requirement refers to the suaven section as having more information, but I don't see it. Only one of the great suaven has known relics listed, otherwise the subject seems not to be treated.

You're right, Relics aren't in the book. I'm holding them off for the Invisible World sourcebook, but you'll see a few of them pop up on the Design Blog from time to time.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby khelek » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:46 am

eberg wrote:
Also, there is mention of needing 10 shrines to build a temple and this doesn't match the holdings section, which just says a shrine needs to be active for a year before a temple can be built and you need a relic.

John Wick wrote:
The ten Shrines to build a Temple requirement is in addition to having a Shrine for at least a year.

eberg,

you are confusing the requirements of building a Temple to an existing Suaven in a Region (Shine for one year and then build the Temple). With the requirements of boosting a Suaven up in power... the development of wide spead faith in the Suaven across many Domains and in many many regions.

There are two different systems at play here.

Postby eberg » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:04 am

JohnWick wrote:
eberg wrote:Can we get a recap on the requirements for a suaven to increase their rank? The requirement for minor, 5 shrines across 10 domains, makes no sense and the requirements for great and grand suaven appear to be identical.

Ten different domains each need five Shrines. Fifty total Shrines. Hope that helps. :)

Ah, okay. That makes sense. How about the requirements for Great and Grand Suaven? They really are identical.
Eric Christian Berg

eberg

Postby eberg » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:06 am

khelek wrote:you are confusing the requirements of building a Temple to an existing Suaven in a Region (Shine for one year and then build the Temple). With the requirements of boosting a Suaven up in power... the development of wide spead faith in the Suaven across many Domains and in many many regions.

Okay, I think I understand. So a Suaven needs to have ten shrines dedicated to them before someone can build a Temple to them in their region?
Eric Christian Berg

eberg

Postby JohnWick » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:28 am

Damn. Missed that. Let me consult my notes and see what that should be.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Alexai Adrente » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:19 pm

JohnWick wrote:
eberg wrote:Also, there is mention of needing 10 shrines to build a temple and this doesn't match the holdings section, which just says a shrine needs to be active for a year before a temple can be built and you need a relic.

Should this be an additional requirement added to the construction of a temple in the Seasons section? Or can you build the temple, but it doesn't count to adding to the Suaven's rank until/unless there are 10 shrines there already?

Alexai
"One may know how to gain a victory, and know not how to use it."
Alexai Adrente

Postby Rob Justice » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:55 am

JohnWick wrote:You're right, Relics aren't in the book. I'm holding them off for the Invisible World sourcebook, but you'll see a few of them pop up on the Design Blog from time to time.

Alright, thread hijack time.

One quick question about Relics. Are they meant to do anything or are they just things? I mean, did you intend to have powers associated with them or are they just like symbols of faith? I know, its my game and I can do whatever I want with them, but I'm wondering about your intent. Don't cop out on me :D
Rob Justice

Postby Liam » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:53 pm

eberg wrote:Ah, okay. That makes sense. How about the requirements for Great and Grand Suaven? They really are identical.

JohnWick wrote:Damn. Missed that. Let me consult my notes and see what that should be.

Has there been an answer to this?

Oh, I'm new here. Hi and stuff,
Liam
Liam

Postby JohnWick » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:06 am

Not yet. Busy with larp rules and Slumming right now. :)
JohnWick
Site Admin

Return to Frequently Asked Questions