Weapons and Dice Pools.

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Weapons and Dice Pools.

Postby Loqua » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:52 am

According to John Wyck, all high and all knowning. (He pays me in bacon to say that). Weapons can only bank style not add to prowess dice. I need to ask if that includes artifacts, namely the blood sword. The book says that the blood sword does add a die in prowess risks per season action you put into it. I am hoping the bloodsword does add to dice rolls because it would decrease the value of a blood sword to basically "It would be cool to have something to stab spectres in the face with."

Example.

Creating a Rank 4 Hat.
-Use my City (Which is upgrade to my Village) create me a rank 4 hat. This holds Four Style.

Crafting a Bloodsword.

Find Orcicallum (I know I spelled it wrong) or learn ritual to make it.
Find or hire guy with Blacksmithing Aspect. (Probably going to cost me a style point.)
Find Serpent with Wisdom Five, and the ritual to make the sword. (Goodbye all that wine I had saved up :D)
Spend 5 Season actions with the Snake and Blacksmith to make a Rank 5 Bloodsword.
The bloodsword holds 5 Style and can hurt spectres. And is considered an artifact so it still has the DOOOOOOM!

To me it just seems that a Bloodsword loses on the "Time + Energy + In Game Effort = Reward" test.

In closing, the question, does a Bloodsword still add to the Prowess rolls?
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Re: Weapons and Dice Pools.

Postby JohnWick » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:22 am

Loqua wrote:In closing, the question, does a Bloodsword still add to the Prowess rolls?

Currently, no.

Because Bloodswords are such a prominent part of ven culture, I'm considering doing a whole new rule set for them. Making them sooper keen kewl powerz.

I'll update that later.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby theotherandy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:22 am

JohnWick wrote:
Loqua wrote:In closing, the question, does a Bloodsword still add to the Prowess rolls?

Currently, no.

Just looking for clarification here. In the Sword bonus dice contradiction thread, you said that mundane swords only bank style and don't add dice to prowess risks. On p. 197, in the example Shara duel, her Bloodsword adds 2 dice to her pool for the duel. (See also p. 104 sidebar, p. 185 top, p. 292, p. 301 sidebar - all of which imply or state that Bloodswords give advantages/bonus dice.) So, Bloodswords don't add dice anymore?
theotherandy

Postby JohnWick » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:27 am

theotherandy wrote:
JohnWick wrote:

Currently, no.

Just looking for clarification here. In the Sword bonus dice contradiction thread, you said that mundane swords only bank style and don't add dice to prowess risks. On p. 197, in the example Shara duel, her Bloodsword adds 2 dice to her pool for the duel. (See also p. 104 sidebar, p. 185 top, p. 292, p. 301 sidebar - all of which imply or state that Bloodswords give advantages/bonus dice.) So, Bloodswords don't add dice anymore?

I'm working on a new set of rules for Bloodswords. Trust me, they're gonna rock.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Return to Frequently Asked Questions