Caravan use

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Caravan use

Postby theotherandy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:52 am

"The caravan moves Resources from place to place, dodging Trouble whenever they can." My theory is that caravans can be used for Trade (even though they don't explicitly have the ability to generate Trade), and for moving Goods to Storage (again, not stated explicitly). The latter use implies that Ven lacking a caravan will not be able to move their excess Goods into Storage at the end of the year. The former use is supported by the color text on the Falcon moving by ship and caravan, which implies that caravans can travel between and outside Domains. These are my ideas on caravans. What is the official use?
theotherandy

Re: Caravan use

Postby JohnWick » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:32 am

theotherandy wrote:"The caravan moves Resources from place to place, dodging Trouble whenever they can." My theory is that caravans can be used for Trade (even though they don't explicitly have the ability to generate Trade), and for moving Goods to Storage (again, not stated explicitly). The latter use implies that Ven lacking a caravan will not be able to move their excess Goods into Storage at the end of the year. The former use is supported by the color text on the Falcon moving by ship and caravan, which implies that caravans can travel between and outside Domains. These are my ideas on caravans. What is the official use?

Moving Resources from Province to Province. Moving a Resource from one Province to another costs a Season Action and takes all Season to do it. Your Caravan can move it for you, using its Season Action.

Doesn't matter which Province it's going to. It takes a Season to move a Resource from one Province to another.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Nevermet » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:47 am

JohnWick wrote:Moving Resources from Province to Province. Moving a Resource from one Province to another costs a Season Action and takes all Season to do it. Your Caravan can move it for you, using its Season Action.

Doesn't matter which Province it's going to. It takes a Season to move a Resource from one Province to another.

So...
Ports and things that allow a ruler to exchange 1 resource for another do not require a caravan, it is only when you want a specific resource to go from Province X to Province Y that caravans become useful?

(don't get me wrong, thats damn useful. just wanted to make sure I understood)
Nevermet

Postby Loqua » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:42 am

That is correct. If you are playing a friendly game and you want to trade with a fellow player, the Caravan can do it for "free" without using one of your season actions.

Shoreline assumes that your boat is going to Random NPC and trading with them.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Return to Frequently Asked Questions