NPC'd Vassals

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Re: NPC'd Vassals

Postby Astelle_Mwwr » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:59 pm

I've actually avoided making NPC Vassals unless I have someone who wants to play them at the LARP. Then I give them a choice. They can remain an NPC and I'll just bring the NPC to a party when the player wants to slip into the role, which means I use their actions how I see fit within reason, or they can become a full PC with less land, (Thank you for Coronets and never Crowns to that one) so they can do whatever they like and I get to worry about plots behind my back :)
Baroness Astelle Ru "If I had made the Bargain, I would have given up my Poison... is it too late for that?"
Baroness Gwanal Yvarai
Baroness Olivama Steele
Astelle_Mwwr

Postby Black King » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:58 am

So, as a house rule? Master Vassals are NPCs, by HotB. Or are you only worrying about the LARP side of things? I imagine it comes up less on that side than it does in table top, but that's just speculation. Or is it just a tactic that you use, avoiding the subject?
Black King

Postby Astelle_Mwwr » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:01 pm

I LARP a lot so it's a skewed perspective, but I imagine it's a handy way for a player to introduce a friend who isn"t sure they want to make a full character.
Baroness Astelle Ru "If I had made the Bargain, I would have given up my Poison... is it too late for that?"
Baroness Gwanal Yvarai
Baroness Olivama Steele
Astelle_Mwwr

Postby PandaDad » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:20 pm

Misery Rex wrote:Eh, if they were my Vassals and they were wasting time (my time, since they belong to me. Yes belong.) I would assume they were either aiding another lord to subvert me or plotting against me directly and they would be interrogated and removed at my earliest convenience.

Everytime.

I am sure their successor would learn form the mistakes of those who went before them.

This. Exactly. From a player perspective, at least. :twisted:

Now, if you're the 'subordinate' one in the marriage, Cunning is your Weakness, and your NPC spouse is a rather ambitious Elk, then all bets are kind of off.

PandaDad
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Postby Misery Rex » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:37 pm

PandaDad wrote:
Misery Rex wrote:Eh, if they were my Vassals and they were wasting time (my time, since they belong to me. Yes belong.) I would assume they were either aiding another lord to subvert me or plotting against me directly and they would be interrogated and removed at my earliest convenience.

Everytime.

I am sure their successor would learn from the mistakes of those who went before them.

This. Exactly. From a player perspective, at least. :twisted:

Now, if you're the 'subordinate' one in the marriage, Cunning is your Weakness, and your NPC spouse is a rather ambitious Elk, then all bets are kind of off.

PandaDad

Well, in which case you just have to be Beautiful enough to make sure everyone behaves...
Misery Rex

Previous

Return to Frequently Asked Questions