Relics

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Relics

Postby Loki » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:16 pm

It is mentioned in chapter three that a character can spend some of his extra points on relics and the rules can be found in the Suaven chapter.

In the Suaven chapter there are rules for devotion, blessings, famous Suaven and how to become a Suaven (in addition to what the demi-god race is like). There's no mention of relics, save for that you need one to build a temple.

So what can I use those extra points on regarding relics? What's the mechanic on relics? I'm tempted to treat them as artifacts, but it seems like a cheap cop-out.
"Since it is difficult to join them together, it is safer to be feared than to be loved when one of the two must be lacking." - Niccolo Machiavelli
Loki

Re: Relics

Postby devilaether » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:59 am

I'm pretty curious about this, too.
devilaether

Postby JohnWick » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:15 am

Loki wrote:It is mentioned in chapter three that a character can spend some of his extra points on relics and the rules can be found in the Suaven chapter.

In the Suaven chapter there are rules for devotion, blessings, famous Suaven and how to become a Suaven (in addition to what the demi-god race is like). There's no mention of relics, save for that you need one to build a temple.

So what can I use those extra points on regarding relics? What's the mechanic on relics? I'm tempted to treat them as artifacts, but it seems like a cheap cop-out.

I was going to remove Relics from the book--saving them for The Invisible World sourcebook--but they snuck in anyway. I'll have more on Relics and what they do later.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Rob Justice » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:24 am

I tried to bring this up before but you ignored me :(

So I'll try again.

Are they meant to do anything or are they just things? I mean, did you intend to have powers associated with them or are they just like symbols of faith? I know, its my game and I can do whatever I want with them, but I'm wondering about your intent. If they are suppose to do something, then I'll make stuff up until I can find out the real rules.
Rob Justice

Postby JohnWick » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:29 am

robjustice wrote:I tried to bring this up before but you ignored me :(

So I'll try again.

Are they meant to do anything or are they just things? I mean, did you intend to have powers associated with them or are they just like symbols of faith? I know, its my game and I can do whatever I want with them, but I'm wondering about your intent. If they are suppose to do something, then I'll make stuff up until I can find out the real rules.

Make stuff up. Right now, I don't have rules I'm happy with.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Snag » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:45 am

robjustice wrote:Are they meant to do anything or are they just things? I mean, did you intend to have powers associated with them or are they just like symbols of faith? I know, its my game and I can do whatever I want with them, but I'm wondering about your intent. If they are suppose to do something, then I'll make stuff up until I can find out the real rules.

The only existing mechanic for relics right now, is that they're required to open a temple to any suaven, and the relic must be an object of the suaven that the temple is to be dedicated to. So if one wanted to build one to the Bear suaven, the relic must be something like his High and Holy Beer mug, or the tin that he kept his beard wax in or somesuch. (I exaggerate the items, but not the current rules.)
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Return to Frequently Asked Questions