Can a noble be demoted to lower rank?

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Can a noble be demoted to lower rank?

Postby Ashkelion-Yvarai » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:48 pm

What happens if a higher ranked noble is losing is vassals? Namely, in my game (From Shanri with Love) Count Kether has lost two of his barons. One decided to switch allegiance and the other has died. Now, he has only two remaining barons. And he has currently no way of regaining the two lost baronies. What happens to his title? Does he remain a Count or will he be demoted to Baron?
"No rulebook has deserved the name 'rules bible' more than 'Houses of the Blooded'." (a friend about all the discussions, corrections and additions to the HotB rules on the forums and in our gaming group)
Ashkelion-Yvarai

Re: Can a noble be demoted to lower rank?

Postby JohnWick » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:39 pm

Ashkelion-Yvarai wrote:What happens if a higher ranked noble is losing is vassals? Namely, in my game (From Shanri with Love) Count Kether has lost two of his barons. One decided to switch allegiance and the other has died. Now, he has only two remaining barons. And he has currently no way of regaining the two lost baronies. What happens to his title? Does he remain a Count or will he be demoted to Baron?

He's no longer a Count.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby LightArtisan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:54 am

Ok, John...

Now, go and tell that to Conut Kether... and send me an invitation to see the show.
:-D
LightArtisan

Postby TheDuchess » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:02 pm

*Gasp* Kether no longer a Count!! How did such a cunning and handsome man end up so? Oh, I must not spread this news around after all, it is so sad.......so sad.....now where is my wrap and carriage.....?
TheDuchess

Postby Snag » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:17 pm

TheDuchess wrote:*Gasp* Kether no longer a Count!! How did such a cunning and handsome man end up so? Oh, I must not spread this news around after all, it is so sad.......so sad.....now where is my wrap and carriage.....?

...dammit, who let Niassa out?

I blame Alyss.
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Return to Frequently Asked Questions