Cost of maintaining vassals

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Cost of maintaining vassals

Postby Loki » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:40 am

Page 241 mentions you need metal to maintain "certain" personal guards and the swordsman. It made me wonder, is there a list of how much it costs to maintain vassals and what resourses you need to maintain them?

My initial guess was a number of food equal to the vassal's rank, but seeing the clause in page 241 I'm tempted to say certain vassals also need another kind of resource, depending on what type they are.

Maybe Personal Guard need one metal in addition to food equal to their rank to be maintained, the court scholar needs one herb, roadmen one stone or lumber, so on and so forth.
"Since it is difficult to join them together, it is safer to be feared than to be loved when one of the two must be lacking." - Niccolo Machiavelli
Loki

Re: Cost of maintaining vassals

Postby Snag » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:21 am

No, that was an early maintainance rule that got abandoned, I believe, but that mention of it never got edited out.
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Loki » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:38 am

But how much food do vassals cost? Is it one food per vassal, or one food per rank?
"Since it is difficult to join them together, it is safer to be feared than to be loved when one of the two must be lacking." - Niccolo Machiavelli
Loki

Postby Snag » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:56 am

One per listed vassal. (In the event that you have two separately listed band Vassals, ie: roadmen for different provinces.)
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Return to Frequently Asked Questions