Are Bloodsword free aspects?

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Are Bloodsword free aspects?

Postby Loki » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:15 am

The new and stylish Bloodsword mechanics seem to involve aspects to grant bonus dice.

My question is this: Is the Bloodswor artifact aspect (or artifact aspects in general, as written in the Sorcery chapter) a free aspect?

Hypothetically, am I not going to get my Swordsman aspect in addition to the Bloodsword aspect? For a Wolf struggling to get the advantage, it seems like Bloodswords are somewhat redundant if the two don't stack.
"Since it is difficult to join them together, it is safer to be feared than to be loved when one of the two must be lacking." - Niccolo Machiavelli
Loki

Re: Are Bloodsword free aspects?

Postby JohnWick » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:36 am

Loki wrote:The new and stylish Bloodsword mechanics seem to involve aspects to grant bonus dice.

My question is this: Is the Bloodswor artifact aspect (or artifact aspects in general, as written in the Sorcery chapter) a free aspect?

Hypothetically, am I not going to get my Swordsman aspect in addition to the Bloodsword aspect? For a Wolf struggling to get the advantage, it seems like Bloodswords are somewhat redundant if the two don't stack.

I should have noted that the Aspect granted by a Bloodsword is a free Aspect. However, if you do have both the Swordsman and Bloodsword Aspect, remember that you can use one in the first round and the second in the second round without having to spend a Style Point to refresh them.

Those Style Points start looking really cool when you need one to refresh an Aspect you just used.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Re: Are Bloodsword free aspects?

Postby Ashkelion-Yvarai » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:39 pm

JohnWick wrote:I should have noted that the Aspect granted by a Bloodsword is a free Aspect.

That was quite obvious. Since Bloodswords are Artifacts, the value "Aspect" is by definition on page 297 "Aspects" a free Aspect.
"No rulebook has deserved the name 'rules bible' more than 'Houses of the Blooded'." (a friend about all the discussions, corrections and additions to the HotB rules on the forums and in our gaming group)
Ashkelion-Yvarai

Return to Frequently Asked Questions