Duels, Aspects, Risk

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Duels, Aspects, Risk

Postby JADettman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:46 pm

Is a Duel considered one Risk for Aspect use or is it a series of Risks?

Aspects can only be used once each session (for free) during a Risk. So, if a Duel is a Risk then Tagging an Aspect allows you to use those bonus dice for the entire Duel.

If a Duel is a series of Risks then you'll have to spend a large amount of Style to keep using Aspects during the course of the Duel.

I prefer the former myself but my players would like to hear the Author's thoughts on the matter.

Best,

--Jason
JADettman

Re: Duels, Aspects, Risk

Postby JohnWick » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:54 pm

JADettman wrote:Is a Duel considered one Risk for Aspect use or is it a series of Risks?

Aspects can only be used once each session (for free) during a Risk. So, if a Duel is a Risk then Tagging an Aspect allows you to use those bonus dice for the entire Duel.

If a Duel is a series of Risks then you'll have to spend a large amount of Style to keep using Aspects during the course of the Duel.

I prefer the former myself but my players would like to hear the Author's thoughts on the matter.

Best,

--Jason

Every roll of the dice is a risk. If you want to use an Aspect twice or three times in a duel, spend the Style.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Return to Frequently Asked Questions