Talia's Priestesses

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Talia's Priestesses

Postby PandaDad » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Passing on a question from one of my players...

"When the book says that Talia doesn't accept male priests, does that mean a male can't take devotion/blessings from her at all, or only that they can't reach Rank 5 devotion? "

I can see this one going either way, and my gut instinct is to assign his character some of the non-Kiss Blessings if he wishes to stick with Talia, or encourage him to devote himself to a 'lesser' Fox Suaven, but figured we might's well get a formal opinion.

Thanks in advance!

PandaDad

Update: in the meantime, I'm telling said player to just make a Wisdom risk...
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Re: Talia's Priestesses

Postby Keith Fyans » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:11 pm

It reads to me as if they "can't" hit rank five devotion (that said I have a style point that says my character can take the role of High Priest ;) )
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Re: Talia's Priestesses

Postby PandaDad » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:46 pm

Yeah, I can see reading it that way...but players, as we all know, sometimes point out alternative interpretations that make just as much sense. Hence the question.

(He won the risk, and concluded that he can get to Rank 4 but no higher. So at least we're all more or less on the same page.)

Thanks!

PandaDad
"Let the plum tree wither in place of the peach. Sit on the mountain and watch the tigers fight. Loot a burning house. Clamor in the east, attack in the west. And never forget that the foe has also studied Sun Tzu." ~ XiongMao the Cranky
PandaDad

Return to Frequently Asked Questions