Lowering Region Loyalty

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Lowering Region Loyalty

Postby joshroby » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:19 pm

Under Conquer, page 271, it says:
If you want to conquer an enemy’s Region, you must do so in a series of steps.
First, knock an enemy Region’s Loyalty to zero.

I can't find any explicit mechanic for reducing region loyalty. Am I missing something?
joshroby

Re: Lowering Region Loyalty

Postby joshroby » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:21 pm

Of course, right after I post, I find the answer on page 245:
Second, you must send your Personal Guard in to the Region and occupy it. Every Season
your Guard spends in that Region, that Region’s Loyalty diminishes by a number of ranks
equal to the Personal Guard’s rank. So, a rank 2 Personal Guard destroys two ranks of
Loyalty per Season. While you occupy the Region, neither of you can use that Region for
any Season Actions. Cannot command it to make Resources, cannot use it to store Resources,
cannot use it for Trade, cannot use it to make Items, cannot do anything while your Personal
Guard is there. All he can do is send in his own Personal Guard to kick them out.
Only one Personal Guard may be in any Region at any time. If a second Personal Guard
tries to invade a Region (a Season Action), the two Guards roll a number of dice equal to
their rank. Whichever Guard rolls higher wins and the loser is kicked out. The loser also
forfeits one rank because of casualties.

Hi, I'm lame.
joshroby

Postby JohnWick » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:07 pm

joshroby wrote:Of course, right after I post, I find the answer on page 245:
Second, you must send your Personal Guard in to the Region and occupy it. Every Season
your Guard spends in that Region, that Region’s Loyalty diminishes by a number of ranks
equal to the Personal Guard’s rank. So, a rank 2 Personal Guard destroys two ranks of
Loyalty per Season. While you occupy the Region, neither of you can use that Region for
any Season Actions. Cannot command it to make Resources, cannot use it to store Resources,
cannot use it for Trade, cannot use it to make Items, cannot do anything while your Personal
Guard is there. All he can do is send in his own Personal Guard to kick them out.
Only one Personal Guard may be in any Region at any time. If a second Personal Guard
tries to invade a Region (a Season Action), the two Guards roll a number of dice equal to
their rank. Whichever Guard rolls higher wins and the loser is kicked out. The loser also

Hi, I'm lame.

You aren't lame. The book is B.I.G.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:19 pm

JohnWick wrote:
joshroby wrote:Of course, right after I post, I find the answer on page 245:

Hi, I'm lame.

You aren't lame. The book is B.I.G.

Bacon Integrated Goodness?
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Snag » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:20 pm

Loqua wrote:Bacon Integrated Goodness?

That's a lynchin'.
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Loqua » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:23 pm

Snag wrote:
Loqua wrote:Bacon Integrated Goodness?

That's a lynchin'.

The Ven are a slave race and we're going to die a slave race! Thank the Sorcerer Kings for the sun risin'!

Uh, for those not playing at the home game, we found you can mix the Boondocks and HotB into a giant bowl of douchebag.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Return to Frequently Asked Questions