Is it possible to lie about reciprocating a Romance?

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Is it possible to lie about reciprocating a Romance?

Postby LordWyrmsBane » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Let's say I have a character. We'll call her Lady No.

Lady No likes using the boys to get stuff, which means Lady No loves Romance, as nothing is better than a good Romance to get a lover to get stuff for you.

But, Lady No is a manipulative bitch (her Cunning is really high). She likes to lead the boys on, and get them to think she is falling in Love with them, stringing them along and maintaining control of the matters (and her own emotions) until she chooses to cut them loose.

Oh, and she sleeps with them too, cause then she can maintain the relationship with minimal effort (all she has to do is see each of them once a Season). This way, Lady No can have a whole string of Lovers just waiting on her every word to do what she wants.

Basically, is it possible to apply the 'Romance' aspect on another character or NPC while not getting it yourself? Can Lady No lie about using her Beauty for the Romance's potential, and instead use her Cunning? Since she doesn't have the 'Romance' aspect, would she then be able to maintain multiple Romances?

I throughly expect that when she breaks off the relationships that her Lovers would get the 'Heartbroken' aspect, and should her actions ever be publicly revealed then she would definitely get the 'Savage Lover' aspect (as well as a number of Heartbroken former Lovers).

Would a better way to handle this situation be to use the Fox sauven blessing which allows you to maintain multiple relationships?
LordWyrmsBane

Re: Is it possible to lie about reciprocating a Romance?

Postby wunderworks » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:31 am

The better way is whatever you think works best in your game. The Fox blessing is in the book, I'm pretty sure, specifically because of Lady No. ;)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby LordWyrmsBane » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:26 pm

wonderworks, thank you for the reply.

As a dirty GM, I can of course do whatever I want.

I actually was wondering on whether I could get away with this if I was a player playing Lady No. I suppose the answer in this case is 'If your GM lets you get away with it...'
LordWyrmsBane

Postby wunderworks » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:03 pm

LordWyrmsBane wrote:wonderworks, thank you for the reply.

As a dirty GM, I can of course do whatever I want.

I actually was wondering on whether I could get away with this if I was a player playing Lady No. I suppose the answer in this case is 'If your GM lets you get away with it...'

Nail on the Head. If I had a player who had a good reason for why then I'd let them go for it. Maybe if they had the devotion that would give them the chance to do so. :) Or if they developed a new devotion for fake Romances. Hell, Lady No might actually be 'in love' with these young men while she is in love with them. Love is a strange and fickle thing, hell the Greeks had Four different types of Love.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Better yet, lady No sounds like a Savage Lover, breaking off things when they are convenient to her. Heck, if she is so cunning she will prob already have the upcoming Court of Love stitched up to frame the player as the offending party while she gets away scot free!
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby aprogressivist » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:21 pm

wunderworks wrote:The better way is whatever you think works best in your game. The Fox blessing is in the book, I'm pretty sure, specifically because of Lady No. ;)

Hey, can you give me a page reference for that Blessing? My Fox player is very interested in this but I can't seem to find that Blessing in my copy. Was it errata'd?

Edit: I found reference to "Chambers of the Heart" on the FAQ, but I can't seem to find that Blessing in the book...

Edit 2: found my answer... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49
aprogressivist

Return to Frequently Asked Questions