Missing player(s)

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Missing player(s)

Postby VENENO » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:42 am

Hiyas!

What do you guys/gals do with missing players' PCs (players that can't make it to the session)?

Thanks!
V
VENENO

Re: Missing player(s)

Postby wunderworks » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 am

Generally, I say their character is too busy with his seasonal actions to be bothered coming to the latest party/adventure. If the players were in the MIDDLE of an adventure and the player couldn't make it because of Work/Family/Health then I have them knocked out/flee/do something that removes them from the adventure but doesn't harm them in the long run. The same if it's a frivolous reason, but with ramping up penalties if they miss again and again.

I tend to want my players to play and if they can't commit to a regular night every week/every other week like it's a bowling league or something, I don't feel the need to keep them in my game. There are plenty of other players out there. :)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:14 am

If it is mid-story I know the player can't be there in advance I ask them if they want to spend some Style on Truths about what happens to them. I sometimes offer Style to NPC them for the session, or just have them slip away as Ven are want to do (and have Risk upon the players return to find out what had happened, which often ends up as the kicker to a whole new story).
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby VENENO » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Hiyas!

Those all sound Kwl (from the original ven)... I think Houses of the Blooded is one a the few games where you can pull this. 8-)

Thanks!
V
VENENO

Return to Frequently Asked Questions