Lies and Sheet Secrets

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Lies and Sheet Secrets

Postby Mordaith » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:52 am

I've looked to see if this was covered elsewhere, and I apologize if it has, but I could not find it.

The rules state you are allowed to lie about your die results and that somethings on your character sheet (aspects + secret name) are secrets.

Does this mean that no one is allowed to see your character sheet at all? What about the Narrator? Are other players allowed to see the character sheet, but expected to just not metagame the information?
Mordaith

Re: Lies and Sheet Secrets

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:59 am

I don't see why the Narrator would not be able to see your character sheet at all, that seems kinda backwards to me.
It really depends how you and your group want to play the game... In a cutthroat game, I would expect that all players will be secretive about their character sheets, and even how many dice they roll.
If I recall correctly, the rules state that you can lie about your dice rolls as long as the number you call out is below the number you actually rolled, correct?
I believe the idea is that you can hide how good you really are at something, "But I really am Right-handed!" type stuff. Know what I mean?

If you could quote or reference the appropriate passage, I'd be happy to look into it further.
Hope it helps!
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Return to Frequently Asked Questions