Sorcery & Blood

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Sorcery & Blood

Postby Velocirapture » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find any answer anywhere in either the various books or the forum.

Can a Ven store blood for use in later Sorcery? That is, can a Ven drain their blood today, store it in a vial (cask) and then use it to fuel sorcery at some later date?

In conjunction with this, since it appears that you can use someone else's blood to fuel your sorcery (pg. 57 of the corebook), can you store someone else's blood for later use? I have a player who has suggested that he may totally ex-sanguinate (sp?) his foes instead of just dispatching them. This would, conceivably allow him to use Sorcery later and leave their mystic fingerprint all over the ritual instead of his.

I can conceive of many - oh so many - ways that this could/would go wrong. But I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing a firm ruling that eliminated this from consideration for one reason or another.

Thanks!
Murum aries attigit, Carthago delenda est.

Nihil admittis. Negare omnia. Fac contraria appellis.

Always interested in a PBP or PBEM game.
Velocirapture

Re: Sorcery & Blood

Postby Lriot » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:00 pm

I'm not sure if that's the answer you're looking for, but:
sounds like a Wisdom Risk to me.

Propably with some twist made by Narrator by offering Style to the player ;)
Lriot

Re: Sorcery & Blood

Postby Astelle_Mwwr » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:22 pm

I am almost certain my own narrator would answer your question like this, "I don't know, CAN a Ven store blood? How much style do you have again?" The rules of your world are not just in the nook, you can set your own rules. I'm with the first reply, however. If the narrator allows you to make this true, it should be a wisdom risk to see how many seasons it will last (and what happens to the blood, since you can wager for extra truths!)
Baroness Astelle Ru "If I had made the Bargain, I would have given up my Poison... is it too late for that?"
Baroness Gwanal Yvarai
Baroness Olivama Steele
Astelle_Mwwr

Return to Frequently Asked Questions