Feeding Your Vassals

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Feeding Your Vassals

Postby Deacon Blues » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:54 pm

The rules say that you have to give each Vassal at least 1 Food per Year to keep them on (I originally read this as 1 Food per Season, which would have made for a much more frustrating game).

Is there any particular point during the Season in which the Food is deducted from your resources and put into the Vassal's pocket?

I've been presuming during the Harvest phase, because that seems to be the "bookkeeping" time of month anyway.

Also, I've been presuming that you can pay them out per Season, rather than saving it all up and paying at the end of the year, so that you don't have to waste storage space on Food. Is this fair?
Deacon Blues

Re: Feeding Your Vassals

Postby Skaldsaga » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:54 pm

Deacon Blues wrote:Is there any particular point during the Season in which the Food is deducted from your resources and put into the Vassal's pocket?

When you give it to them. So if you decide to pay them at the end of spring. Then it's gone at the end of spring. Otherwise you have at least pay them at the end of winter. If you want to keep them.

Deacon Blues wrote:Also, I've been presuming that you can pay them out per Season, rather than saving it all up and paying at the end of the year, so that you don't have to waste storage space on Food. Is this fair?

The only time storage comes into play is at the end of the year. It's presumed that you have a place to keep it during the year. But because winter is so harsh if you don't store like in your castle or silo or whatever, it is lost.
I stopped fighting the inner demons. We’re on the same side now.
Skaldsaga

Return to Frequently Asked Questions