Season Actions and Adventures

One question per post, please!

Moderator: Snag

Season Actions and Adventures

Postby khelek » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:35 am

When reading over the Estate/Province Managment Section, I thought it was curious that there was was no discussions of tying Province Activities (Trouble, Exploring, New Builds, winning new Vassals) into Adventures. One would assume that it could be done, but the rules don't explicitly state that it should eb done. (I think there was something about Puzzle Houses or Ruins though, so there is an exception).

Nor did the rules discuss if PCs should be neighbors, or how that works. Is this all open to group interpretation?

Is there any feed back (mechanically) between adventuring and the results of Season Actions?

Was this just too hard to Codify into a rule-set? (if that was the case I would expect there to be some discussion on howto approach it.

okay.. I think that may be more than one question... so I will stop!

khelek

Re: Season Actions and Adventures

Postby JohnWick » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:45 am

You can use an Adventure to quell Trouble. I forget exactly where that is in the Seasons chapter, but it's in there.

But yes, that was part of the intention. Any Season Action can be an adventure. Even "Training my Spouse" can be an adventure! Exactly how did your rank 2 Spouse earn another Aspect? Have an adventure to find out!

I also reward players with "bonus Season Actions" when they do really cool things. If they make a big deal out of a Vassal--giving her a lot to do, or roleplaying with the vassal a lot--I give that Vassal a bonus rank. Rewarding players with Season Actions for good roleplaying is a great way to reward good roleplaying.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Postby gains » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:50 pm

Similar question in reverse.

If an adventure ends up leading into the effect of a season action, would that cost the player a season action? If in my story I assassinate someone's spouse, should I "spend" a season action for having done so? Or can adventures be considered "free" season actions since I'm already playing them out in greater detail, where there are many risks instead of a few simplified vassal rolls?
gains

Postby JohnWick » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:26 am

gains wrote:Similar question in reverse.

If an adventure ends up leading into the effect of a season action, would that cost the player a season action? If in my story I assassinate someone's spouse, should I "spend" a season action for having done so? Or can adventures be considered "free" season actions since I'm already playing them out in greater detail, where there are many risks instead of a few simplified vassal rolls?

No. Adventures are "free" Season actions since you're playing them out.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Return to Frequently Asked Questions