Iyl, the Aged Stranger

"I carry Wisdom's price."

Moderator: Snag

Iyl, the Aged Stranger

Postby Peregrine » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Garbed in a tattered cloak and clothes so stained and worn, it is difficult to believe the stranger is Ven at all. But wrapped around him is a subtle feeling of power, dread. And debts uncollected. His eyes are shrouded in darkness, and a whisper follows in his footsteps with the word "Dassna”. Recompense.

Name:
Given Name: Iyl What Should Not Be Forgotten
Secret Name: Mythe Hears Silence
Sorcerous Secret Name: Sithic Trust No One
Blooded of the Serpent

Virtues:
Strength: 2
Cunning: 3
Courage: W
Beauty: 3
Wisdom: 5 (4+1)
Prowess: 2

Aspects:
Master of Flowers (Herbalist)
Senvada (Philosopher)
Negotiator
Academy Educated

Negative and Solace Aspects:
Grey Eyes The color of his eyes bled away after encountering a spectre
Hears Whispers From time to time will stare into the distance, listening to sounds no one else will ever hear
Melted Flesh A mass of scar tissue on his lower face and neck implies he once wore a flaming scarf
Open Scar There is a deep cut in the palm of his right hand, that doesn't bleed any more, but neither does it heal

Devotion:
Suaven of Whispers: 2
Ikahlu: 3

Known Rituals:
The Blooding
The Corpse
The Curse
The Eye
The Facsimile
The Name
The Puppet
The Quill
The Rose
The Tulpa
The Vendetta
Mimic Artifact (Face of Shadows)
Mimic Artifact (Subtle)

Vassals:
Kethric (NPC Valet)

Artifacts:
Ritual Tome of the Aelva Danna

Once, he was known as Senecyl Jalan, but after being discovered as a sorcerer by the Senate, he lost everything he had except his life, his valet, and his book. Now he exists for two reasons alone; vrentae, and the Aelva Danna ritual.
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Re: Iyl, the Aged Stranger

Postby wunderworks » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:52 pm

SO BAD-ASS!!!!
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:27 am

Nice! Any chance you can expand on the Aspects? I'd especially like to see the Tags/Compels on some of those :D
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby Peregrine » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:54 am

Well, the actual aspects are all in the book, so I can skip those. The solace aspects on the other hand, here is what I had in mind:

Grey Eyes The color of his eyes bled away after encountering a spectre
    Tag: One of the three physical signs of evil (the others being pale skin and red hair), tag this in courage risks to tell him no.
    Compel: I'm tempted to just say "be evil", but realistically, just carry grudges against those who deny him.

Hears Whispers From time to time will stare into the distance, listening to sounds no one else will ever hear
    Tag: Tag this to convince Iyl to believe your softly spoken words.
    Compel: Try to appease the voices, hoping they'll fall silent. (Rather dangerous when he hears whispers from both his suaven, and from his own growing insanity)

Melted Flesh A mass of scar tissue on his lower face and neck implies he once wore a flaming scarf
    Tag: Nothing so hideously scarred can understand Beauty, tag this in social situations where appearance matters.
    Compel: ?

Open Scar There is a deep cut in the palm of his right hand, that doesn't bleed any more, but neither does it heal
    Tag: An obvious sign of Sorcery, tag this to convince others not to trust Iyl
    Compel: Re-open the wound and hope it heals. And don't waste the blood shed. (Note: Iyl has also developed the habit of rubbing the palm of his right hand)
"The Senate took my lands, my titles, my Name... They will bury this and forget me. But I will live long enough to remind them of what should not be forgotten." - Iyl, the Aged Stranger
Peregrine

Postby wunderworks » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:14 pm

Since I don't want to break the In-Character Rule, I'm LOVING the scene between you and Lorr! OMG! AWESOME! :D
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Return to Blooded of the Serpent