Maja Burghe the Baron of Rutho

"Give me a man, and I'll make him a Bear."

Moderator: Snag

Maja Burghe the Baron of Rutho

Postby scowilli5 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:39 pm

Here’s a character I made up with my group. I GM the game but I though it would be fun to make a character with them. I didn’t have anything in mind when I made him, but I thought I might make a Bear since none of the players were.

First, I am going to roll up the family:

Father: a Bear (rolled a two and used a point to move it to 1)
Mother: a Fox (rolled a four)

Who’s the dominate Parent rolled a 6 for the father and a 1 for the mother. (interesting) Looks like His father is the main parent of the house.

6th born, and the only surviving child. (Hmm interesting)
The title of his parents is "Maquis" (More interesting)

Then it is time to choose the house. I choose Bear as his house and Burghe as the family.

I liked the name Maja “laughter heals” I decide at this point that his mother and siblings were all killed by orcs while traveling. At least that’s the story he’s been told. I have very little memory of my mother and siblings. Maja is not married his would be bride died young. His father is looking for someone to help refine some of Maja’s rougher edges like his late wife did for him.

I distributed Maja’s virtues like this:
Strength of the Bear: 4
Cunning of the Elk: 3
Courage of the Falcon: 3
Beauty of the Fox: weakness (never learned from his mother)
Wisdom of the Serpent: 2
Prowess of the Wolf: 4

Maja is a very handsome man and has a laugh that lights up the room. He is the typical bear when it comes to not having any manners.

His aspects are:

Favorite with the Ladies
Invoke: Gain 3 bonus dice when flirting, seducing, or chating up the woman around you.
Tag: You have difficulty swaying a group of men to your point of view. Can be tagged when ever someone is trying to influence a group of men to their point of view.
Compel: Used when another character or GM wants him to flirt with a group of women.

Stange Intuition (the reason why he didn’t go with his mother and siblings)
in the book see pg 158

Of the suaven, Maja’s devotions are Manna Renay (rank 2) and Talia Yvarai (rank 1).

His barony looks like this:
Rutho Castle on Tzano Moutain (rank 1) Rutho means Spire in the clouds
Cern Village (rank 1)
Tzano Mountains (rank 2)
Brone Forest (rank 1)
Chandra Farm (rank 1)
Ulee Plains (rank 1)

His vassals are:
The Winter Wolves - Roadmen (rank 1)
The Rutho nightingale Staff (rank 2) (bonus pt)
The Ravens Mask Spy Network (rank 2) (bonus pt)
The Cougars Claw Personal Guard (rank 1)
The Buffalo riders Caravan (rank 1)
Abazai the Velet (rank 1) (bonus pt)

His bonus points are spent on:
Vassals 3pts
Artifact 2pts (his mothers ring)
A silver and gold braided ring that he wears on a chain around his neck.
The ring has these abilities.
First ability is “Seductive” (rank 1)
Second ability is “Leech” (rank 1)

Well thats about it. I’m not sure if I really like the, “Favorite with the Ladies”, Aspect. I like the idea of it but I think it needs work. Mostly I don’t like the Tag. Would love to hear some suggestions.
Blooded of the Tree frog
Action is eloquence.
William Shakespeare Should be a Ven quote
scowilli5

Re: Maja Burghe the Baron of Rutho

Postby ElectricPaladin » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:15 pm

Nice character. I like him. He seems likeable... big, bluff, likeable. I wonder how long he'll survive :twisted:.

scowilli5 wrote: I’m not sure if I really like the, “Favorite with the Ladies”, Aspect. I like the idea of it but I think it needs work. Mostly I don’t like the Tag. Would love to hear some suggestions.

How about a tag that gives bonus dice to men and women your flirtatious ways have offended?
ElectricPaladin

Postby scowilli5 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:32 pm

How about a tag that gives bonus dice to men and women your flirtatious ways have offended?

I like that idea, I think that ties into the theme of the aspect better.
Blooded of the Tree frog
Action is eloquence.
William Shakespeare Should be a Ven quote
scowilli5

Postby Ashkelion-Yvarai » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:14 am

Also, as tag for "Favorite with the ladies" I could see: You are partial to the fairer sex. You listen when they speak and you're inclined to believe them. Ladies gain two dice when they try to convince you of their point of view.
"No rulebook has deserved the name 'rules bible' more than 'Houses of the Blooded'." (a friend about all the discussions, corrections and additions to the HotB rules on the forums and in our gaming group)
Ashkelion-Yvarai

Return to Blooded of the Bear