Aftermath of Assassination

In-Character discussions and posts for Living Shanri Characters

Moderators: Snag, Nihilistic Mind

Aftermath of Assassination

Postby JohnWick » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:44 am

While news from inside the City has been cut off completely, the rest of Shanri has not been silent.

Spies and rumor mills report movements of armies by all Houses. The Bear seem to be moving toward their own borders. The Wolf, meanwhile, are moving toward the Emperor's lands. Roadmen wearing the crests and colors of the Falcon have been seen in villages all across the Empire.

The Fox and Elk, meanwhile, have taken to the courts, laying the grounds for a complicated political maneuver.

No word on what the Serpent are up to.

More as details unfold.
The Reverend John Wick, PhD, D.M., KoAL, G.M., ST, Narr., G.A.M.E.R., Master Mason
JohnWick
Site Admin

Re: Aftermath of Assassination

Postby Snag » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:40 pm

An open letter to other Falcons...

My cousins,

There is unrest in the capital, and soon it will spread to the rest of Shanri. While the other houses squabble for scraps from Jaymen's table, we must make sure the squabbles do not affect those that do the things we haven't the time for.

Take to the roads. Find the towns, cities and villages and protect the veth, for they cannot protect themselves. Send out your roadmen as best you're able to spare. Make sure your Masters of the Road are well rewarded for their service. We can suffer a shortage of wine if the orks steal it, so long as we still have the people in place to work the land again.

Do what you must, but don't leave your lands open to invasion in the process.

Faithfully,

Baron Torr Thorne
Snag, O.T.D.O
Caffeine enabler
Blooded of the Raven? No? Damnation.

My Plains produce Win!
Snag

Postby Paint Scribe » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Vriyana prepares two messages. The first to her Master of the Road:
Milocc,
See to it that no rampaging ven takes advantage of our veth. Use the roadmen as you need. Extend protection to Vadim's lands as you can. Oh, and I recommend avoiding the wilderness to the north and east. The Ork will not be friendly. They should not enter my lands for the time being, but do not trust any of our men's lives to enter the wilds until this is over.
Baroness Vriyana Sinjin.

The second was more cryptic. Written on a small piece of paper were unrecognizable symbols. However, the Elder Waeil of the Ivory Blood would know them, and know their meaning. Ven were going to war. Rolling it tightly, she takes a long tress of the hair she has cut and weaves it together with a lock from the slain thrunin warrior. Her Elder will know the meaning of this as well. She binds the note with the hair. Her falcon will deliver this one, for no ven would dare.
Attachments
notes.jpg
notes.jpg (14.93 KiB) Viewed 7686 times

JWP's Layout Lady & Author of Crimson Sorrow: A podcast history of the Ven
Paint Scribe
Site Admin

Postby Keith Fyans » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:41 pm

OOC: And now an open letter created by three players making Wagers to write a letter for another... This is circulating the courts...

Lady Amara Thorne wrote:To Ven who claim the rights of their Blood,

I now sit and write this letter for the hundredth time, my body still quivering with my anger over the casting aside of the proper order of our lands. With the death of our Emperor we have lost direction. At a time like this we need a guiding light to ensure the traditions of the Ven are upheld.

A figurehead. A masthead. A voice of Reason, and of Unity.

We should put aside all petty squabbles and differences until the Senate has reopened and proper order returned.

We should not forget the obligations that come with our power in a hurried reaction to recent events, least we fall prey to ork-like behaviors. However, should your lands come under threat it may become necessarily to provide your veth with the tools required to defend them.

In Good Grace,

Lady Amara Thorne,
Blooded of the Falcon,
Baroness Averray.
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Postby Keith Fyans » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Heralds have been dispatched from the North, baring the following proclamation:

Her Grace Morwen Steele wishes it to be known that the foul Murder of her Radiant Cousin grieves her deeply and will not be tolerated. She commands that you rally to her banner.

Those that stand with her shall be Exalted!

Those who oppose her will be crushed!

The Emperor is Dead. All Hail the Summer Queen!

Many of the Heralds do not return...
Glasgow Indie Gamers - Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter
Keith Fyans

Return to In Character