Trying to put together a scene.

Discuss costumes, food, game ideas, and characters here with the other B&T players!

Moderator: Snag

Trying to put together a scene.

Postby Loqua » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:36 am

Jumping on the bandwagon of the Downfall of Calaban Ru, I was talking with Ben about where Iratu's actions in the whole mess. Ben came up with a really great idea that I want to use. His idea is simply that Calaban was always nice and good to Iratu, but Iratu's hatred for all things Blooded leads him to help kill/exile Calaban. This gives the Most Evil Bastard some sympathy and begins to show Iratu as a very dangerous person, which I want.

Ben wants Iratu to give the Mark Anthonian (I come not to praise Caesar, but to bury him) speech when Calaban finally kicks it. It just seems really out of place for the character to do something like that. If Iratu is killing out of total hate, he wouldn't have any remorse and thus wouldn't give a speech. My other idea was to do the Batman/Joker thing and the remorse be in the fact that with Calaban dead, Iratu loses the thing that give his life meaning (plotting against Calaban.) The problem with that one is that I am doing something with Alan and Fabien that will give me a really good scene and a whole new Enemy to play with.

I am putting out the all call for ideas. I want to cast Calaban as sympathetic and he was betrayed by Iratu out of pure dislike, but I want to make sure that Iratu maintains his enigmaticness and begins to show his true colors. Brainstorms would be very helpful.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Re: Trying to put together a scene.

Postby Nihilistic Mind » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:42 am

Help me out here, what is Iratu's tragic flaw?
Haven't seen it yet...
"Sparrow, I'll call you back. I've just gutted a man with a shard of wood and I need to make sure he's dead... I think you're right, Sparrow. I am a bad, bad man..."
~~Dr. Xander Crowe, WORMWOOD.
Nihilistic Mind
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:13 am

I haven't decided yet. I think his tragedy is that he was wrong, and Shanri isn't the misunderstood scorned diety that he thinks she is or that his ork army is going to turn into his mini-fiefdom and he begins to have to "maintain" lands for Shanri and has to take vassals to do it. He aquires all the responsibility and red tape that he hates in blooded society.

Right now I really want to play up the fact that he's kind of psychotic. He is a vessel of Shanri and Shanri wants the the Blooded dead, so that is his main task. Maybe Faith is his tragedy?
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby Aban the White Stag » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:05 pm

It seems to me that Trust is his flaw. Trust in Shanri, Trust in Calaban Ru, etc.
Aban the White Stag

Postby Loqua » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:36 am

Aban the White Stag wrote:It seems to me that Trust is his flaw. Trust in Shanri, Trust in Calaban Ru, etc.

I like that. Just need to find out how to use it
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby wunderworks » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:59 am

Loqua wrote:
Aban the White Stag wrote:It seems to me that Trust is his flaw. Trust in Shanri, Trust in Calaban Ru, etc.

I like that. Just need to find out how to use it

Easy, Iratu trusts the wrong people at the wrong time. :)
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:52 pm

If I trust Calaban now then Calaban would have to betray Iratu somehow. Oh noes.
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Postby wunderworks » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:41 pm

He'll betray Iratu by not supporting him when he needs support.
Author of World of Dew a samurai noir sequel to John Wick's Blood & Honor

"Forbearance is the root of quietness and assurance forever. "
~ Tokugawa Ieyasu ~
wunderworks
Site Admin

Postby Loqua » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:28 pm

wunderworks wrote:He'll betray Iratu by not supporting him when he needs support.

Foreshadowing?!
Blah-dee-blah-dee-blah.
Loqua

Return to Blood & Tears - Out of Character Discussions